Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Easy Monogram T-Shirt

Dutch is getting to the age where his clothes are getting messed up at daycare.  Even though he doesn't wear nice clothes everyday (hey that is what OxyClean was invented for),  I still like him to look nice.  A few weeks ago I picked up some blank tshirts for appliques for daycare shirts.  I really like the Granimals brand from Walmart.  They are nice quality and under $4 per shirt!
I have plans to make appliques for the other shirts but needed something quick so I did freezer paper stencils on a few of them.  These are super easy and take just a few minutes.

First print off your design.  I used sketch serif font with the K at 400 size and the DT at 200 size.



Trace over with your freezer paper, cut out and iron onto your tshirt.



Make sure you put a piece of cardboard on the inside of the shirt to prevent bleeding.  Paint with craft paint being careful around the edges.  



Peel freezer paper off and you are finished!




You can see on the green shirt I had a little bit of bleed through, but good enough for daycare. 


1 comment:

Kat Hertzler said...

What? No model pictures?? (cute idea...might have to steal this for our Mom's Bible study.)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011