Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Candy Tote

I know Halloween is just a few days away but if your kids need a cute Trick or Treat bag you still have time to whip one up!
I bought a $2 tote from Hobby Lobby with intentions of appliqueing Dutch's name on it with some little spiders in the background.  But then I talked myself into going the easy and quick route and painted his candy tote instead.

I was going to do gingham but came up with this pattern.  Not sure what it is called, maybe a type of gingham?  Draw off your grid then trace a circle.  I traced the d from the computer.




I used a sharpie to trace my lines but I hate the way they smell so I used craft paint for the rest.  The pattern is easy but I did mess up once on my very last row I was painting. Make sure you don't paint inside your circle.  Paint everything out and you are done!





Anyway I think it turned out pretty cute and I am about 99.9% sure Dutch won't notice my mistake.  It will hold candy all the same.  Fingers crossed we he gets lots of Reese cups!

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011