Monday, May 19, 2014

New Shower Curtain

I'm making a few updates around the house.  Most of them are involving fabric so they are pretty easy and cheap.  One of the things I'm wanting to do is get a new shower curtain.  The one we have now is 5 years old and was a sheet I just painted a zig zag on across the bottom.









I'm tired of it and since this is Dutch's bathroom now I want it to be more of a space that fits his personality.  I don't want a standard shower curtain because it is about 6" shorter than I want and need.  I'm sorry but I'm a shower curtain height snob.  I like them TALL.  So that leaves me to either buy 2 shower curtains and piece the bottom or make a new one.

I really think this dog fabric is cute.  It is Woof from Premier Prints.  Dutch's 3rd word was DAH (dog) so I think this fits him pretty well.




But then I'm having a hard time doing a kid themed shower curtain and the truth is I want to do dogs for his next room.  That could be years away so should I just go ahead and do the dog since really deep in my heart I love it and know he will too?  Deep thoughts about a shower curtain!

The other contender is the Carnival print also from Premier Prints.  It looks really good in the room.




I think I am really leaning towards the dogs but what do you think?  I mean one day I will be buying a boring shower curtain and wishing Dutch as young enough to want the dog fabric.  Either way these options are actually cheaper than a store bought shower curtain.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Is this a guest bathroom, also? My daughter's bathroom is the one that is centrally located in the house, so anybody who comes over uses it. I thought of making it fun for a little girl with baby things, but then I realized I want visitors and guests to feel comfortable in there too. So I am going to make it pretty and somewhat fun, but also mature enough for adults. It just depends what you want.

Sarah said...

Go with the dogs. I think it's what you really want and you won't stop thinking about it otherwise. Also, if guests wander in, it won't seem childish, but rather whimsical.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011