Thursday, May 29, 2014

Enjoying Now

Last night for the first time in 10 months and 28 days I didn't nurse Dutch to sleep.  He was wanting some NahNahNah (to nurse) and I was putting things away and walked by and handed Eric Dutch's passy (which he never takes).  Dutch took it layed his head down on Eric and went to sleep.  I was so upset.  I've been telling Eric that we need to pray that Dutch will self wean because the boy loves to eat...from me.  But deep in my heart I didn't want it to ever stop.  While Dutch was asleep I got caught up on his photo albums, um worst time ever to stare at baby pictures.  He will be 11 months old tomorrow and just like every parent says it has gone by too fast.  




When this picture was taken I remember texting my sister and telling her that he was in a 3 month outfit.  I thought he was so big.  But look at him!  He was 3 weeks old here.



These days are so precious and I've enjoyed every second of being Dutch's Momma.  I'm the crazy one that doesn't mind waking up to feed him and everything he does is so cute and I'm sure no other baby has ever done any of those things.  Last week when he woke up at 3:30am to play- we played.  Look at his smile, ha!







I've been dreading summer because that means Dutch will turn 1 but yesterday I told Eric that I am excited about his birthday.  We are blessed to have a baby that is turning 1.  Plus I mean look at him.



These are precious times and I can say that I have soaked it all in.  But from now on instead of mourning how fast my baby is turning into a toddler I am going to focus on my baby and that he is still a baby.  If I don't change my attitude I am going to miss that baby that is growing right in front of me.  



Oh and he woke up and needed me to nurse him back to sleep last night and being the crazy Momma that I am, I was ecstatic!

 


2 comments:

emily said...

Awww....he is precious. I love his smile.

Weaning is always "harder" on Momma, I believe! (I blame the darn hormones!)

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

What a cutie... and those chubby legs! I can't believe it's been almost a year already... I love that you have so enjoyed this first year and soaked it in. My little granddaughter (aka Miss Bee) was born on Tuesday... I plan to remind my daughter (and myself) to be sure to soak in this upcoming year too!
~Chris

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011