Monday, April 28, 2014

Dutch's Easter Outfit

Finally I sewed!!



Since Dutch has been born I have had no time to sew for him.  I thought I would make a lot of little outfits for him but haven't had the extra time.  I'm hoping that I will be able to make a few things for him this summer but honestly he has so many clothes already so I may have to wait until next year for that.  Anyway one thing I was adamant on making was his Easter outfit.  I found a photo a couple of years ago of an outfit that I knew was perfect.  I bought the pattern and fabric but then chickened out.  I didn't have the time or brain power to commit.  I switched gears and went with something that looked a lot simpler.  The baby bubble from Chery Williams.

I wanted Dutch to have a lace collar this year.  Yes he is a boy but I live in the deep south and people put lace on a boy as long as they can.  With that said I will probably only get away with it this year or maybe I can sneak it in next year.  Just don't tell Eric. 
For Dutch's outfit I used the yellow girl bubble but with boy sleeves.  The original plan was to finish off the neck and collar separately so that way if I have another baby I can use the collar again.  Well it worked out to be easier to just attach the collar so that is what I did.  



I am glad to report that the outfit made it though the day without falling apart!  It still isn't technically finished, I want to go back around the edges with my serger but was having thread difficulties that have to be figured out.  The sewing back had bitten so I am going to try to get the serger working right again soon so I can make something else.
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter celebrating Jesus and the new life he gives.  We did!







1 comment:

Quality Services said...

Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information
Quality Services & Training Pvt.Ltd.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011