Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday Favorite: Grandmother

Last week we said goodbye to my Grandmother.  I usually try to keep things light around here and that is the way she would like it.  So today my favorite is Grandmother.


My favorites about her: She made the best spaghetti.  I can taste it now.  Rumor is the sauce was from a can but still wonderful just the same.  She would give you anything.  Everytime you went to visit her you left with something.  Even if all she had to give was a half used bottle of face cream, she gave it to you.  I never saw her in a bad mood.  She always had something to be happy about.  We were getting pictures together of Grandmother and every single one of them she was laughing.  You know the big happy kind of laugh.
My Aunt described her as accepting of others.  I never really thought about it but she did accept everyone.
When we were little instead of calling her Grandmother we called her Big Boobs.  She also had the tiniest chicken legs.  She loved makeup and looking nice.  Going anywhere was an event.  She had Macular Degeneration (which is not funny at all) but we always laugh about her calling it "The Macular".  Every time Eric or I even have a cold we ask if it is "the macular".  She also was very worried we would all get the macular and worked hard to educate us on it!  She said winder and piller instead of window and pillow.
She loved Dutch so much.  She would always tell my mom that he was the cutest of all her grand kids.

There are so many more things about her that I love and will miss.  But like my sister said I am so honored to be part of the chosen few to carry on her legacy.
 No telling what she was saying right here, I'm sure something that shouldn't be told again!


5 comments:

myhomesweetblog.com said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet grandmother. My grandmother passed away two years ago this spring and I still think of her daily. It's hard to lose someone that important even if we've had time to prepare for it. I hope that your family can find peace and celebrate the woman she was and the legacy she's leaving behind - particularly in you and your sweet little boy!

Natalie said...

such a wonderful post for your grandmother! i feel like i know her now :) xoxoxo

Seashellweddings said...

You are lucky indeed. Love doesn't die, it goes on forever!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

What a beautiful post to share a small piece of her legacy. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

She sounds like the best kind of grandmother, Vanessa. I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad you have such sweet memories. xo

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011