Thursday, December 5, 2013

Iron Bowl 2013

So unless you have been living under a rock you know that the Auburn vs Alabama game this year was huge, and that was before it was even played.  I may have been one of the people that doubted Auburn this year, but even the most loyal had no way of predicting that our season would turn out like this.  Not even ranked to now #3, SEC West Champs, playing for the SEC Championship this weekend.
If I can be honest I'm ready to move on from the Iron Bowl.  I've watched every clip of coverage from the View to every major news channel so I'm getting a little burned out, but I just can't help it.  Oh and the fact that Eric replays the last play over and over everyday. ha.  But with all that said it was amazing and I'll never forget that last second!

So onto pre-Iron Bowl fun that I have to post because these pics are too cute!
My niece was wanting to see Aubie so badly before the game.  So her best uncle made it happen on Friday.



Too bad an elephant photo bombed the photo!










So Saturday when the Iron Bowl rolled around we didn't really have a plan.  We had a ton of friends park and stop by our house on the way to the game.  I wish I had planned better and had a tailgate set up at the house but it is hard to do that kind of thing when there is so much going on during a holiday weekend.  Dutch and I did walk to campus to visit tailgates and he used his stroller without the car seat for the first time.  He thought he was so cool.  All that walking did him in and he was the cutest sleeping tiger around.



Dutch and I didn't go to the game but stayed home with my mother in law, niece and nephew.  And unless you have been living under a rock you know how the game ended.  I was balled up in the floor too afraid to watch then when we won I was acting like a fool and scared my nephew.  Once again I had to resort to yelling in the yard and we could hear the crowd at the stadium.  When I cam back inside I saw the field was being stormed.  Eric's worst nightmare, but since it was the last game he decided to have fun too and said they were acting like crazy grass men.  ha.









So there is a little damage but that night made it worth it.
Eric sent me this photo before the game on Saturday so proud.  Little did he know...




To see an interview about the damage click the link below.  They got Eric's name mixed up with a coworker but Eric is the one with the beard :)

Turf crew at Auburn's Jordan-Hare Stadium working to repair damaged field and hedges

War Eagle!




2 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

My husband was a college footballer. This is an interesting perspective from the grass guys….

Tracie said...

I saw this article about the field too: http://www.wistv.com/story/24113985/cremated-remains-dumped-on-field-at-auburns-jordan-hare?utm_content=buffer1f2be&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011