Friday, November 8, 2013

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

Several years ago one of our supper club friends introduced me to her Chicken Enchiladas.  After that it was over, these have been made millions of times for new babies, new houses and just good measure.  If you need something quick to take to a new mom or a friend that is moving try these out.  They also freeze well. Before Dutch was born and I was eating dairy (r.i.p. dairy) I would make a batch of these and individually wrap in saran wrap and freeze.  Put one in the fridge in the morning to thaw and warm up for lunch.  Perfect!


CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

1TBS Butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 (4.5oz) can green chilies drained
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, cut up
3 1/2 cups of boiled shredded chicken
8 8" tortillas
1 package of shredded fiesta cheese

Preheat oven to 350*
Melt butter and saute onion.  Add chilies and saute.
Stir in cream cheese and chicken.  Cook until cream cheese melts.
Put 3 TBS of chicken mixture in tortilla.
Place seam side down in greased 9x13 dish.
Bake until cheese melts.

(I wasn't sure when these would be eaten so I just sprinked cheese on, didn't bake)


2 comments:

Kat said...

I never make stuff like this so I'm vowing to try this recipe. I know my guys will love it. And so will I. What's not to love? Happy weekend, V!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

These look really good (and easy!)....printing out this one. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great weekend!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011