Monday, August 26, 2013

Dutch's Baby Dedication

 Yesterday Dutch turned 8 weeks old and y'all he is so sweet and precious. 
 
At almost exactly 8 weeks to the minute Dutch was born, we dedicated him to God pledging to raise him for God's glory.  It took 3 years for Dutch to get in our arms and God has blessed us with more than we could have dreamed of through Dutch.
 
 
 
 




My family came down to Auburn for Dutch's baby dedication.  We loved having them there to share this special time.



Too bad Dutchie doesn't get any attention!
 

My sisters with Dutch




After church we had a bbq lunch (we fancy like that) and Dutch's first every cookie cake!
 


 
My mom made Dutch's gown. It is beautiful and I am so proud of it, something to treasure forever. The pattern is Creations by Miche` 112. We made it big so I can have an heirloom portrait made when he can sit up. I'm not sure if I will be able to wait that long, the dress fit pretty well. 
 
 





The verses that we picked for Dutch are Numbers 6:24-26 - The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you: the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

These 2 verses were also considered.

Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Luke 2:40 - And the Child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

3 comments:

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

How Sweet, what a beautiful gown

Crystal (theweekendhomemaker.com) said...

What a handsome boy! Congratulations!

emily said...

His gown is beautiful and such a treasure. I can picture Dutch's children wearing it too! :)

And his smile...oh my word...precious.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011