Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Salad Dressing

One of my favorite things about summer is fresh vegetables.  Not having to eat fake winter tomatoes, hate those!  Tuesday night for supper and then at lunch yesterday and probably today for lunch I've had the best summer salad.  I'm sure you already have everything to make the dressing so it is pretty easy to throw together.  I can't wait until our little garden has ripe vegetables so I can pick from there any time I want.


Dressing
1/2 cup EVOO
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 minced garlic cloves
10 fresh basil leaves chopped

Whisk together and pour over veggies.  I just used tomatoes and cucumbers last night but added brocolli and some pasta today for lunch.  Enjoy the summer veggies!

2 comments:

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Around here we don't have homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers until the end of July or so.... can hardly wait!

~Chris

Kat said...

Yum! That looks so good and I'm definitely going to try the dressing. My basil plant is going crazy right now.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011