Monday, June 24, 2013

Best Shrimp Ever

Eric has a friend that lives in Orange Beach and when he comes to visit he always brings us a ton of shrimp.  Not just tiny shrimp, these are jumbo shrimp and so delicious.  He also brings us crates of sweet corn which is also delicious.  With that in mind and the fact that I am protesting the grocery store while being overdue I was so happy when I stumbled upon a yummy shrimp recipe in July's Southern Living because I could easily cook it up with what we had at home.



Here is the recipe for the best shrimp you will ever cook.  Of course in true fashion I didn't have all of the ingredients so my subs are in italics.

Big Easy Barbecue Shrimp

3 lb unpeeled, large raw shrimp
3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 bay leaves
2 lemons, sliced
2 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning - used cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. Asian chili-garlic sauce - used 1 tsp garlic
2 tsp. hot sauce - didn't have
1 French bread baguette

Preheat oven to 325.  Place shrimp in a shallow aluminim foil lined broiler pan.  Stir together butter and next 8 ingredients over low heat until butter melts; pour over shrimp.  Bake 25 minutes, stiring and turning shrimp after 10 minutes. Serve with French bread.  Serves 6.
I think 25 minutes is a bit too long so check your shrimp at 20 minutes.
We also cooked some of the sweet corn and used the french bread to soak up all of the sauce.  I think the shrimp would also be great served over rice.  Such a great and EASY meal!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I'm afraid of shrimp. Afraid I'm gonna screw it up and all that money I spent on it goes down the drain. I SO want to experiment but ugh...the money thing. Plus, our shrimp wouldn't be as good as your stuff. Guess I gotta wait to visit the folks down in the gulf to get my shrimp on! Yours looks and sounds amazing.

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

YUM! We were just in Orange Beach last week and had fresh steamed, spiced shrimp for lunch one day. I joked that I could eat my weight in them. :) I am definitely going to try your recipe!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011