Friday, June 28, 2013

41 weeks

In case you are wondering, I'm still around.  Today I reached 41 weeks.  I get asked at least 8 times a day if I've had the baby and if I miserable, the answer to both is no.  I'm ready to meet the baby but I am also proud of my body for making it this far. 
 
 
This week we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary by spending a few hours at the Dr getting an ultrasound and non stress test.  Everything looks great and the baby is happy.  If I don't go before Tuesday I will be induced.  I'm terrified of being induced so I am praying hard that I will go into labor on my own sometime late Monday so my Dr can still deliver.  He has been really encouraging of the type of birth I desire so I am hoping he will be there.
 
 
 Happy 8th Anniversary!!!
 
 
Today I started maternity leave and I've only been called 3 times before 12.  A few weeks ago I had my car cleaned and a pedicure thinking I would have the baby before both went bad.  Both need to be redone now so I am planning on taking care of those two things today.  It is stormy so Claire decided to be nice to me and is sitting in my lap!  Dutch is kicking her so I am sure she will soon move.
 

See y'all next week with another Kleypas in my lap!

7 comments:

Allison and Ben Brandt said...

Congrats Vanessa! You look wonderful! I know you've been waiting a long time for this moment, relish it! - Allison

amanda | wildly simple said...

You look lovely & happy & healthy!
Happy anniversary!
My first pregnancy was twins, they popped out & grew VERY fast in a short amount of time.. at about 5 months pregnant I could no longer wear jeans. At about 7 months, I delivered healthy sized twins.
That fast growth spurt times two did a number on my poor tummy.. I'm very envious of your nice, smooth, stretch mark free baby bump!
What a difference it was, carrying single babies after that- even to term (or like you - 41+ wks.)

Kat said...

EEK! Can't wait to see him!! And yay for pretty toes and cars. My van needs to be cleaned something fierce...ugh, thanks for the reminder:/ Have a good weekend and come on Dutch!!

emily said...

You look amazing.

Cannot wait to meet D!

(and praying for an easy/smooth delivery!)

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Hang in there, He's just to comfortable in there

Kristine in WA said...

Hoping all the best for you.

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Can't wait! It's Tuesday, so I'm hoping you are either with child today or about to be. Praying for you! xo

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011