Friday, May 17, 2013

State Dish Towel

Between my 2 baby showers I had to give 26 hostess gifts.  I would love to be able to get something super nice for each hostess, I know how much time, energy and money goes into throwing a shower.  But the reality is I don't have enough monies to make that happen.  For me handmade items mean so much.  If someone takes the time to make something for me that means more than any gift that can be purchased at the store.    So I cranked out 26 gifts from my sewing machine.

I needed something that would pretty much appeal to 26 different women.  I may not know what style scarf or necklace they would prefer but I do know that we all live in Alabama and everyone needs at least 1 kitchen towel in their house.  Right?

These were super simple to make.  I just found an image of Alabama on google images and printed it out.  Traced around it BACKWARDS 26 times on heat and bond then ironed that onto my fabric.   A little zig zag stitch around the great state and you are finished.  These would also be cute with some rick rack or ruffles but simple was my goal. :)

I didn't want to just give a towel so I added some hand soap.  Bath and Body Works was having a 6 for $20 sale so I racked up there. 


Wrap it up tie a bow and boom you are finished. 

If you have the time to wait on shipping Groopdealz and Very Jane have some great gift options for little $.  They have new items everyday, just make sure you read the fine print on how long it will take for them to ship.

With all of those hostess gifts I have to write a lot of thank you notes.  142 so far.  I've been waiting on my special stamps to come in to mail the cards.



Anyone know why I chose Ronald Reagan stamps?  First one to get it right (that I havent' already told) gets a little prize!  Make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can contact you.

8 comments:

Tracie said...

Regan's nickname was Dutch.

Tracie said...

I forgot to put my email. Tracie128 at gmail dot com

vanessa said...

Wow Tracie that was fast. I'll email you!

Red Gate Farm said...

Love the towels! What a great idea for so many gift giving opportunities! And darn... I knew the answer was "Dutch"! (I think I'm showing my age and affinity for Jeopardy kinds of games).

~Chris

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Vanessa those towels are so cute! What a great idea...so thoughtful and actually useful. They look so cute the way you wrapped them up.

Holy cow that's a lot of thank you notes! I don't think I even know 142 people! I just ordered some pretty stamps too...they have so many cute options online.

I'm going to guess you chose Ronald Reagan because he was the most awesomest president ever in the history of the world! But probably because he was called Dutch. Man, I wish he was still president!

xo

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Cute idea!! love it

Kat said...

Love thoughtful gifts like yours. And how cute. Love the stamps too;)

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

What a great idea! Your towels turned out super cute! :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011