Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It Only Took 8 Years

but I finally made an E and V quilt!  After making 8 quilts for niece/nephews/friends/my baby I am so happy to have finished this project for us and especially before the baby comes because babies care about these kind of things.



I really wanted to do a triangle quilt.  I cut it with my 90* triangle from college so it ended up being squares.  duh.  But the good news is I keep getting better at craftsmanship and all of my points match up perfectly on this quilt. 

I used two Heather Bailey fabrics Nicey Jane Picnic Bouquet Lagoon and Church Flowers Blue.  The green with tiny white dot is something I picked up at Walmart about 5 years ago and the grey ticking is from the Target sheet set that I used for Dutch's quilt and crib sheet.  I even used the pillowcase from that sheet set to make Claire her own blanket so now we all have something with the same fabric. ha!  The stripe at the top and bottom of the quilt are from a vintage sheet from Eric's Nana.  She was  known for her love of Estee Lauder's Youth Dew and even though she had not lived in her house for about 7 years the Youth Dew smell on this sheet was suffocating.  So I washed the sheet about 5 times and put it out in the sun, even used bleach and you can still get a whiff of the Youth Dew. 
I wanted to use the vintage sheet for the quilt backing since it was super soft but it wasn't big enough so I used another Target sheet.


I know Justin Beiber says Never Say Never but I will probably never again quilt a quilt 9 months pregnant during the month of May in Alabama.  Oh my gosh I was so hot.  I wanted to do a vertical and horizonal line for quilting but it was so hot so I only did the horizontal quilting.  I may try to go back and do the vertical quilt one day but this is good enough for now. 

Claire approved



On an unrelated note does anyone out there have one of these little 2 serving ice cream makers?  I really want an ice cream maker but since I'm the only one in the house to eat ice cream I'm thinking about getting one of these.  Does it work and make homemade ice cream like the big ice cream makers?

Actually I'm not the only one in our house who loves ice cream, Dutch does too.  We recently took a detour to the Blue Bell factory the other day to make him happy.  He was very happy! Hello 50 cent scoops, I'll take 4.


Another unrelated note.  Last week I printed off our photos from June 2012-May 2013.  Over 500 of them! Phew.  Anyway I was sad about a lot of them because I've become so reliant on using my iphone to take pictures, not my good camera and it made me sad because they looked like phone pictures.  I've recommited to using my real camera again when possible even thought  it is annoying to lug around.  Just thought you needed that PSA today, don't waste all of your photos on a crappy phone camera. 

One more, does anyone have video camera (are they still called that) recommendations?  I've got a pretty big event coming up in about 3 weeks and I'm wanting to make sure I've got a camcorder charged and ready to go.

4 comments:

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Can't believe you only have 3 weeks to go! (easy for me to say!)

Your quilt is beautiful...incredible job! And that's a cute little ice cream maker...I think I need that :)

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Yay! Your quilt turned out great

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Yay! Your quilt turned out great

Kat said...

Quilt looks great! Way to knock it out. I can't believe Dutch will be making his appearance soon...so exciting! Hang in there. You look great:)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011