Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My First Baby Shower

Saturday night I had my first baby shower!



Aren't these invitations just the sweetest you have ever seen.  I cried when I saw them because they were so cute.  Designed by my friend Hannah

My awesome supper club friends hosted the shower. 


These pics are so cheesy but I've never been pregnant with friends so we had to have one.  The two on the left are due in May, I'm in June and Lindsay is in July! Fun!


We usually have couples showers as an excuse to get everyone together but this time it was pretty much men outside women inside.  We didn't see them much until the end of the basketball games!


My friends and family are so extremely generous.  I just feel weird about showers and getting things but I decided that I should just be thankful that I have people going out of their way to spend a night with us celebrating our baby.  We got some awesome gifts but I think you can tell that Eric's favorite gift is Dutch's first BB gun!



This is a terrible photo and it looks like I'm going to be able to feed every infant in Auburn but I had to include the beautiful sweater my sister made for the baby.  She started knitting it a few years ago when we started trying to get pregnant and finished the night of the shower. ha!  I can't wait for him to wear it.


 
 We got a great mix of items off the registry and fun things.  I can't wait for the baby to get to wear his sweet outfits.  I bought 40 hangers yesterday and then had to go back and buy more because he has so many clothes.  Let's just say he won't be strolling around town looking like a rag-a-muffin, I didn't even hang play clothes. 
And is organizing baby clothes extremely stressful to anyone else?  Got any good tips?  I hung up all the way to 12 mo but I'm sure I will take over 6 mo down and store under his crib since I'm running out of room and still have another shower to go.



I spent several hours Sunday organizing everything and his room looks so cute.  It actually looks like a baby is on the way.  I finished his roman shades yesterday and also made a crib sheet.  Now all we need is  a chair (yes still stuck on that one) and I need to hang his art.   Getting closer!

I know someone will ask so my top (should be a dress) is from Target and my jeans from GAP.  If you have a GAP maternity store look there for the pants they were only $34 + 30% off in store.  Clogs LL Bean.


7 comments:

lisa i said...

keep the tags on everything. odds are you won't use much of the stuff marked 0-3 months, lots of undershirts & jammies but clothes, probably not so much. then make sure the sizes for the rest of the stuff match the actual season it will be worn, otherwise take it back.

Deborah said...

Such a beautiful shower! I especially love the invitation. And your baby bump is so cute!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Cutest invites ever, U got lots of goodies
I remember those days organizing and putting all of the cute outfits away. He'll be here before you know it

Kat said...

You are too stinkin' cute. The invites are adorable. You should frame one and put it in Dutch's room. And I agree with Lisa--sounds like D will have plenty, so things you aren't crazy about, return. I know you may feel weird about it but if he won't wear it, might as well get money back/exchange for something he will wear. And yeah, Eric's a little excited about the gun, huh? ;)

Elizabeth Pollock said...

You are too cute! How nice to have friends that are pregnant at the same time! Make sure you get lots of pictures of this time because you will look back and want to remember all the fun you shared together!
Hugs,
Beth P

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

You and Eric look so darn happy...I'm so thrilled for you. Yes, you got some great stuff and the pictures of you and your girlfriends are adorable. I'm imagining you all talking with your cute southern accents and it makes me smile!

Skye McLain said...

I have that same shirt and belt and I wore it this weekend too! We would have been twinsies! :) You look great and those invites are so adorable! How fun!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011