Friday, March 22, 2013

3rd Trimester!

So today I am 27 weeks pregnant, which puts me in my 3rd trimester.  Not really sure how that happened already!  I am excited to meet our baby but getting him into this world has me a little nervous.   

We went yesterday to another Dr appointment.  Because of fertility treatments and some other issues I've had 11 ultrasounds so far this pregnancy.  At first I enjoyed getting another peak but now I just feel sorry for the baby always having to get another ultrasound.  We aren't going to have a 3D because I wanted his face to be a surprise and I'm not putting him through an unnecessary ultrasound but the tech switched over to 3D yesterday and he has the sweetest face.  He got annoyed and flipped so it was only for a second but long enough to make a Dr appointment enjoyable. 
From week 17 on I've felt pretty good.  Week 24 was my best week yet, I had so much energy I felt like my old self.  I also started to grow a lot.  Last week in week 26 I finally broke down and bought a pair of maternity pants.  Thankfully I've been given a lot of clothes but most were summer so I didn't have any pants.  I can still wear my regular fall/winter dresses and shirts but I've been living off of the same 3 pair of no button waist dress pants from the junior dept and they won't really stay up anymore.  I hate pants and didn't want to spend money on something I will only wear for a few more weeks before dress season (my true love) is in full force.   Plus maternity pants make you look dumpy because they sag in the crotch. 

At church a friend reminded me that Ross had a small selection of maternity clothes.  Off I went.
I found a few things, the best deal was a long maternity cami.  I have bought a black maternity cami from Target (best thing I've ever bought) but  this one at Ross was only $5!  I also bought these full panel thick knit like jeggings for only $15!  They are very comfy but have the same problem as the low panel pant, they keep falling down.  I told Eric I was going to pin them to my bra until I grow some more. ha!
The baby is up almost a pound from last week and I'm sure I'm up about two!

I was about to leave but some cute maxi dresses caught my eye.  I usually feel weird in a maxi dress but pregnant people look so cute in them.  Plus I thought they would be good for after the baby is born and I want something comfy but still look cute.  A modern moo moo if you will.  I ended up buying 3 of them.  I had 4 requirements: cheap, doesn't require an undershirt, won't get really wrinkly and not a solid dark color because I didn't want to have to lint roll. 
First I bought this stripe one for $8.  I wasn't sure about it because it is a little short but I've actually worn this dress to work with a belt and cardigan and it was really cute. 



Oh and something I wasn't ready to deal with being pregnant, my belts won't fit around my expanding rib cage.  I'm on my last notch on a few of my favs waaaaahhhhhhh.

These are the other 2 dresses I got.  One was a floral that is that slinky knit material that won't wrinkle and the other is a fun ikat print.  Both have easy access v-necks which I hope will work with nursing and look cute with cardis or a jean jacket.  Pretty good 5 pieces of maternity clothes for only $62!





 
I am still in search of a pair of white maternity jeans.  Have you seen any that I need to check out?!

2 comments:

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

You look so cute! You don't look like you've gain very much at all. I was a lot bigger ;)

Your new dresses are adorable!

Elisabet said...

You are so cute!!! And I would say you did extremely good on the clothes!!! It's getting exciting :D
Hugs,
Beth P

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011