Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Things I've Been Loving Lately

Not too much going on around here so I thought I would do a little post on some things I am loving lately.  Anything you can't live without that I should know about?


Clarisonic Mia 2.  I've had my eye on this little machine for a couple of years but the price has kept me from purchasing.  Since I'm 30 and worth it (ha) I decided now was the time to start getting serious about taking care of my skin.  My in laws gifted me my Mia 2 at Christmas and I've used it almost everyday since.  It only takes 1 minute and nothing feels as good as having a clean face when you go to bed!  Mine came from QVC and they usually have some cute colors.  It also came with the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser which has great reviews but I haven't used it yet. 

Waterpik - I know isn't this boring and weird.  This was also a Christmas gift (that I asked for).  This little machine has changed my life.  My dental hygienist loves waterpiks and is always singing their praises.  Eric bought one a few months ago but I was still skeptical.  But then I realized seriously flossing sucks I need a waterpik.  This model is simple and cheap but gets the job done. 

Jajoba Oil - I've been using this oil as my moisturizer for about 3 years now.  I only use a tiny amount and it soaks right into my skin without leaving it oily.  I bought mine at Earth Fare. My mom loves Josie Maran's Argan Oil products but I've never tried those. 

 

Bert's Bees gud lotion - In another attempt to cut out parabens I switched body lotion.  I went for this line of Bert's Bees.  I loved the soft smell at first but once I got pregnant I couldn't take the scent so I had to go back to regular lotion.  I'm happy to report that I was able to use the lotion again today and so far so good.

 I've been trying to be more conscious of the chemicals that I put on my body since I started trying to have a baby.  I still have a long way to go but you have to start somewhere right?  I figured that I should be most cautious about the products that sit on my skin all day.  I decided to start by eliminating parabens in my lotion and moisturizer.  I tried to go with a paraben free foundation but still haven't found anything I like as much as my current makeup.  I do use a paraben free primer so maybe that counts for something.  Anyone have a good paraben free makeup suggestion that stays on all day?

4 comments:

Christi said...

I have been using this Tarte foundation since before Christmas and love it!
http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1393370

Deborah said...

I always thought a waterpik was a name for a brand of water filter. I was WAY off! Thanks for posting about it---I never realized I was so wrong about what it was! LOL

Kat said...

Pretty sure that's the same moisturizer that my SIL uses...I'll have to try it. And I didn't know Burt's Bees made lotion like that...something else that I'll have to try. Thanks for sharing your faves:)

The Ballard Family said...

Ahh! I love my Mia. My husband gave it to me for Christmas. I didn't even know what it was. The lady at Macy's talked him into buying it. haha! Happy accident! I am also loving Peppermint Hot tea. So good during the winter!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011