Thursday, January 10, 2013

Saving

A few days ago on facebook I saw a handy little savings chart where you save the dollar amount for whatever week of the year it is.  The photo was hard to read so I retyped one for myself printed it out for the fridge, and then shrunk it down in excel to keep in my wallet.


I thought it was a neat concept and an easy way to save for something extra or if you are on a tight budget a great way to get started saving money. I really love to save money but have a hard time spending what I save so I think this will help me out.


Since most of us don't have an extra $200 laying around in December I switched the challenge and started from week 52 to make it easier.  What is something you would save up for.  Me?  A vacation of course!

5 comments:

1914house said...

We are doing this too! And we are going backwards as well. I'm like you though, once it's in the savings account I really don't like to spend it. We are thinking about using (some of) it toward a mini-vacation as well. Happy savings!

Deborah said...

Maybe use it for Christmas shopping?

vanessa said...

@1914 house- good luck! We can keep each other accountable.
@ Deborah - Christmas shopping is a great idea. May need that now that we will have a kiddo to buy for.

Karen said...

That is a great idea Vanessa! I already save a lot, but I think I will do this too for an extra treat. Thanks for sharing this :)

Makenzie said...

I'm glad you posted this on the blog. I always say I'm going to save this year and then it doesn't happen. This seems like an easy way to save.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011