Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This year at Christmas...

I usually show my Christmas decorations each year but this year the decorations are pretty sparse.  I did hang the wreaths outside on the windows but I didn't add the live greenery to them like I always do.  The only thing that came down from the attic was our little S'mores tree, but we didn't even get the ornaments down. 
I do miss our big live tree, especially since we had an extra week of Christmas to enjoy with Thanksgiving being so early.  But I think our tree this year is cute enough and may be my favorite tree yet.  Every year we buy an ornament to represent the year and these are the ones we chose for 2012.



Since the tree was a little sparse with 4 ornaments, we used our favorite photos from 2012 as ornaments.



Yep that is our little baby!  Set to make an appearance next June!!  Growing a human, even if they are 3" long is tough work (hence the lack of Christmas decor)but we are so crazy excited and so extremely grateful that God chose us to become this little ones parents. 

So many of you have sent the nicest emails and comments of encouragement to me and I appreciate that so much.  And to those of you still hurting to fill that hole in your heart I am praying for you - every night while I am awake from 2-4am.  While I am forever grateful to be having a baby, my heart still hurts so badly for you.  I carry so much guilt that I was one of the ones that survived and got out of the "club" but just know that every time I think God for this baby I also say a prayer for you that you will get to take a happy photo like this soon.

The night we found out.  I slept with that test on my nightstand and probably looked at it 20 times all night!

17 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations! What a Christmas blessing :-)

Deborah said...

A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THRILLED FOR YOU! It looks like the low amylose diet did some magic! You must be over the moon excited! I don't even know you in real life and I am so excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes!!!!!!!

Malia said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful Christmas present!!

Red Gate Farm said...

Congratulations to you both! What fabulous news... and a start to a whole new way of life ;)

~Chris

emily said...

I'm literally crying in my office now!!!

I am beyond excited for you guys!!!!

What an amazing Christmas gift!

Laura | Our Life in the Queen City said...

haha this is adorable! congrats!

Kat said...

Yay:) Cute way to spill the beans;) Have been and will continue to pray for you guys and your little one. What a huge blessing!

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Congratulations! What a great Christmas present for the two of you! :)

Kyler, Jennifer, and Olivia Clark said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news :) I have been reading for a few weeks but haven't commented. Hope you remember me from many years ago at WFBC :)

Karen said...

Oh my gosh Vanessa! I'm so excited for you!! I know how much you have wanted this and have always known you would be a wonderful mommy!! I'm just so happy for you and Eric...I got all teary when I saw you're ornament!

Congratulations!! God bless the 3 of you :) xoxo

Shelley said...

Yay!!!! Congrats to you and Eric!!! :)

Hannah Dixon said...

Congratulations, friend! We love y'all and can't wait to meet your little one! :)

Jonella said...

Congratulations!!! I have been praying for you since you first mentioned on here your infertility troubles. My sister had 7 years of infertility before they adopted and I had no issues whatsoever so I can understand your guilt. Can't wait to see the little Plainsman on here - War Eagle!

Katie said...

Best post ever!!! So excited for you both!!! Can't wait to meet baby Kleypas :)

Natalie said...

awwww V i just got tears in my eyes ;) so so SO happy for you and your precious little bundle of BABY in your tummy. Cant wait to "share" in your journey to baby via blogland.

xo
nat

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I have been meaning to comment forEVER, but my phone was acting up. I am soooooo happy for you, I can hardly stand it. I truly had tears in my eyes when I saw that ornament because I am just thrilled. I know I don't know you at all, but I feel like you guys are going to be the best parents. Congrats, congrats and lots of digital hugs!

JAIN said...

Hooray!! Super excited for you!! That is awesome, awesome news...

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011