Thursday, June 7, 2012

Basil Tenderloin

Usually when we have pork tenderloin I always use this recipe but this week I wanted to change it up a bit.   I had a clipped a Pork recipe for Grilled Pork Chops with Basil-Garlic Rub from a magazine (I think it was Southern Living, it is their type of paper) and was just waiting for some fresh basil to grow in.  Since we had a ton of fresh yummy basil and a pork tenderloin in the freezer Monday night was the night when fresh basil and tenderloin collided. 

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Basil-Garlic Rub

4 pork bone-in rib chops, 3/4 thick.  (I used tenderloin)
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. salt (next time I am cutting this back to 1/2 tsp., it was too salty for me)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Mince garlic and basil.  Add lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper to garlic and basil.  Stir until well blended into  a wet rub.  Spread on both sides of meat.  Let stand for 15-30 minutes.  (I let mine marinate for 4 hours since the meat was thicker than chops)

Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.  Grill chops over direct heat, turning once, to medium-rare doneness, 5-6 minutes per side, or until internal temp reaches 145*F, followed by a 3 minute rest. 
(For the tenderloin we grilled wrapped in foil then for the last part of cooking took the meat out of the foil and directly on grill until done.) 

3 comments:

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Yum, this recipe sounds delicious. I have a lot of fresh basil growing in my herb garden. This may be the perfect recipe to use some of it. Thanks for sharing.

Nikki said...

That sounds amazing! Lately I've been doing it with dried cherries and a balsamic glaze, so easy!

Laura said...

Love this! I have a ton of basil from last year and growing this year I've been looking for recipes for.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011