Thursday, May 10, 2012

Angie's Wedding Quilt

Two years ago my sister Angie got married.




During the planning she decided that she wanted to make her own napkins so they could later be turned into a quilt.  I finally got around to finishing that quilt last week.  


It was easy enough but unless you are in the mood to wrangle a lot of fabric, it is hard to get motivated.  I made the quilt top last fall and finally got around to putting it together last week.  This is the first quilt I have ever made that took so much piecing and cutting but I really wanted the fabrics to stand out. 

I think it turned out pretty cute and after washing and drying it got all soft and wrinkly like a real quilt, which I always have a fear of not happening.  Now that Angie's wedding quilt is marked off the 2010, 2011, 2012, and May to do list I am going to make a quilt for myself.  I've never made a quilt for me and Eric to have and well we think quilts are pretty awesome.  Will finish before 2015.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I like it. Good job!

Kat said...

Fun colors! Good job, girl!

Pine Tree Home said...

What a great idea. Very cute and will be a perfect reminder of the day.

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Great job! Awesome idea

Nikki said...

I love that idea! What a nice sister you are.

Dara M. said...

Oh I love that quilt!! I cant wait till i have some time so that I can make a few. I made a tshirt quilt and that was very time consuming, so I understand the delay in making that one.

Rachel said...

What a great idea! Love the colors!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011