Monday, April 9, 2012

Banana Pudding

I hope you all had a lovely Easter. We did and were lucky enough to celebrate after church with some sweet friends. My friend Hannah had her backyard looking beautiful and it was a great day to dine outdoors.








I contributed the desserts to the lunch (duh). One of the desserts I made was Banana Pudding.

The very first time I made Banana Pudding I made it the old fashioned way where you have to stir and stir and stir. When you are making enough for a huge party that is a lot of stirring. In my older age I've gotten wiser and lazier so now I make it like this....

1/2 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

1 cup cold milk
1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package vanilla wafers
5 bananas, sliced

In a mixing bowl, beat pudding mix and milk 2 minutes.
Blend in condensed milk until smooth.
Stir in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
Layer wafers, bananas and pudding mixture in a glass serving bowl.
Chill until serving.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Pretty table!

I'm gonna have to try this recipe. I can never get my meringue to turn out like my momma's. Love your little cross on yours. :)

Kat said...

I haven't had pudding in what feels like years! Man, this got me in the mood. Isn't outdoor entertaining the best? Just had a cookout yesterday with family and friends...love this time of year.

Nikki said...

Yum! I've never had banana pudding but I feel like everyone was eating it for Easter this year. I must try it!

Anonymous said...

1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk/replace with 8 oz sour cream, it is lighter. Also try strawberries.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011