Friday, March 23, 2012

Puppy Chow

With cereal, peanut butter, chocolate chips and powdered sugar in my house it only means one thing: I'm headed to the beach!


If you want to enjoy my favorite treat introduced to me at the beach by my aunt Judy circa 1996 all you do is melt together 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Add the box of cereal and stir until all is coated. Put cereal into a big bag and add 1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar to coat. I add a little at a time or else you have big sugar cloud. Best served with a side of sand.

Maybe my nephews will eat it this year, in the past they have refused to eat it because I called it puppy chow. haha. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kat said...

oh my word--LOVE puppy chow. It's dangerous having around since it's so addicting. Have fun at the beach!

alanna rose said...

I love puppy chow!
We always had it while camping...memories :)
Have a great time at the beach!

Nikki said...

I love that stuff too! Now I need something sweet, thanks a lot!

Rachel said...

Yumm..I'll have to try that.

Have fun at the beach! I'm jealous of all of your beach trips! ;)

Anonymous said...

And it was a success! Bear ate it and turned into a puppy!

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Yum! I've forgotten how much I love that (totally addicting) stuff! :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011