Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On The Sewing Table

I am giving into the cuteness and making a pennant/bunting quilt this week.
Question, do you think it would look better to have a navy blue band at the top of the flags or no band. I am leaning towards a band and thinking it would be pretty easy to just use bias tape. I thought about rick rack but this is for a boy so that may not work?




On the other side of the room sit my breezeway curtains. I've had the fabric since November but just got around to sewing them a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get my hands on some pleat tape so now I have no excuses. It will be my first time to pleat curtains so I'm a little nervous. But honestly the annoying part of handling all that fabric has already been done so how bad can the pleat tape be?


Hopefully pictures to come of COMPLETED projects soon!



Have a great Wednesday. It is going to be 75* here today and no chance of tornadoes! Woohoo!

7 comments:

Kat said...

Those curtains are gonna look awesome. And how cute is the bunting quilt...seriously.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

LOVE the grey background on the bunting quilt. It's going to be so cute. I think that ric rack in navy is totally boy-appropriate, but that's just me. Could ribbon work? I usually just do a contrasting line at the top of the buntings in a dark color, but I think I like the ribbon/ric rack idea better for a little contrast.

Natalie said...

Yes a band! I miss my sewing machine. Also I feel like I haven't commented in forever but I'm still reading! Glad no tornadoes. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I think you definitely need a band on the quilt to liven up the gray.

H. said...

You are motivating me to get crafty! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Malia said...

You read my mind. I was literally looking online for quilts with flags on them yesterday! So cute. Did you fusible web the flags on? You've totally kicked me into gear to get a quilt together for a shower Feb 11th. I better get working!

Nikki said...

75 in January?? I live in the wrong state. That quilt is adorable! How will you quilt it in the end? I like it without the binding or rick rack...looks more modern that way.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011