Monday, January 30, 2012

Desserts Made From Beans!

Saturday night on pinterest I discovered a recipe for "healthy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles. I clicked on it thinking it would be the same ol cookie dough made with fake butter and fake sugar and fake eggs which in fact isn't healthy. You are better off eating the full fat butter and real sugar and real eggs over the processed fake foods. But these cookie dough truffles had no butter or eggs or flour had a very interesting ingredient:




Chick Peas!! And people let me tell you these chocolate-chip cookie dough truffles are amazing. I was going to trick Eric but sometimes he gets mad when I add weird things to our food so I told him up front that they were made from beans. He tried and loved them.
I used peanut butter instead of nut butter and could have reduced the sugar and still been fine, next time I will use less sugar. The peanut butter made them taste less like chocolate chip cookies but more like no bake chocolate oatmeal drop cookies. To save on calories I didn't coat in chocolate. Oh and I don't have a food processor so I pulsed the chick peas in the blender first then added the rest of my ingredients. Click here for the recipe.

Next up I am going to try her Deep-Dish Cookie Pie, with over 500 comments it has to be good!
Besides making dessert out of beans I had a very productive weekend crossing some projects off my list. Yesterday as soon as we got home from church I started working on the pennant quilt. I love to make bias tape for quilts so I made it. I ran out of rick rack so as soon as I get more the bias tape is ready to go and I will be finished!
I also finished my breezeway curtains, ran, ironed all of my outfits for the week, went to the grocery store and finally sat down for the first time at 9:30 pm. I never have days that productive and I am so tired today.

While I was working away Eric and Claire were taking a nap. Claire lives the good life!



Have a great week!

8 comments:

skye @ neathering our fest said...

I'm impressed with the chik pea thing.. I will definitely have to try that out! :) Claire is precious! :)

Hannah Dixon said...

Weight Watchers also has a great Black Bean Brownie recipe for only 4 Points+ points! Plus, they're super easy to make!

alanna rose said...

I need to make the cookie dough. Noms!
Claire is so cute!

Red Gate Farm said...

I think I'll have to give this a try... and you just made me tired READING all you had accomplished!

~Chris

PS happy to see that Claire is doing well and living the good life!

Kat said...

Interesting recipe. I guess I'll have to try it now...I've been really into truffles lately but can't eat them anymore since they have wheat in them...so annoying.

Way to have a productive day! Ours was Sat. Got a lot done...love those days:) Can't wait to see your curtains!

Nikki said...

I've had brownies with black beans...but I can't remember if I liked them or not ;)

Claire is adorbable...what was she watching on tv before she gave into that nap?

KERI MARTIN said...

just discovered your blog, I must say its darling. I cannot wait to read further into your past posts! Its very encouraging to me to see someone tackling home projects like myself.

Anonymous said...

LOL! My boo (sometimes) gets mad when I add weird things to food too! :):)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011