Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cabbage & Kale Soup


I am always trying to think of quick, easy low calorie lunches. For lunch this week, I whipped a pot of cabbage soup up Sunday night. Oh my it is yum and a great way to get in some veggies. I used this WW recipe for inspiration but didn't have everything it called for so I changed some things and came up with this.

1 can of beef broth
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of Italian stewed tomatoes

1 tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of chopped cabbage
2 cups of torn kale pieces
1 medium onion
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
1/2 cup of fresh green beans
1/2 cup of chopped zucchini

In a large pot saute garlic, onions, carrots and green beans in olive oil for 5 minutes.


Add liquids and veggies. Simmer about 15 minutes.

I always think soup tastes better the next day but as you can see there isn't much liquid the next day after the veggies soak it up. So if you like more liquid in your soup add another can of broth to it.

This pot made 4 servings.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad you posted this recipe! I'm going to make some this week. :)

Red Gate Farm said...

Sounds yummy.... I think I'll be trying this out this weekend!
Chris

Nikki said...

Yum-o! I'm saving this one. I have beef stew on the menu this week. Can't beat it on a snowy day.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011