Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No Fail Fudge

Do you only make fudge at Christmas?
Last night I made fudge and it is so good. I may have shared this recipe here before but here it is again. It is the only fudge recipe I can make that will actually set up and it doesn't involve milk. Hooray!

FUDGE
1 lb confectioners sugar (I sift mine)
1 cup melted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tbs vanilla

Mix and pour into an 8x8 dish lined with wax paper. Put in fridge to cool and set up.
**********************
Claire is back! She seems to be very happy and we are happy to have her back. It hasn't been easy keeping her on a leash at all times when she is outside but that seems to be the way it will be from now on.
We are trying to come up with a way to close in part of the stick free yard to give her a little more room. Maybe we will work on that project next month since our January vacation to California got cancelled to save our dog. Thanks to Countryside Vet Clinic in Opelika, they were great to Claire!
Don't worry I wasn't kissing her on the mouth, I don't kiss dogs on the mouth but we were happy to see each other!

Here is the piece of wood that was causing all the trouble. It had poked holes through her intestines and was pinning them together like a pin holds fabric together. Make sense?

We thought she would have to wear her e-collar again but hasn't touched her staples. Eric built her a new cave out of pvc pipe that would accommodate her e-collar. I made a slip cover for it and I was planning on painting something cute but she doesn't really even need the big cave so I think it will be disassembled before I can paint anything.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Never attempted fudge before...I was always intimidated by it. But this sounds pretty simple. Maybe I'll try. And yay for having Claire back! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas together--I think she needs a SOFT treat this year!

Kristine in WA said...

Happy for you that you have your pup back home. They sure can be little rascals! Hoping her vet adventures are behind her now. Merry Christmas!

kristenk said...

I kiss my dog all the time....lol

Nikki said...

So glad she's back and on the mend! That is such a tiny piece, scary what damage it can do.

I'm totally making that fudge..I have all the ingredients, thanks!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

That cave is adorable! Our furry babies are so spoiled, aren't they? I'm so glad she's doing better. You've been in my thoughts.

That fudge looks so yummy. Can you believe I've never tried it?

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011