Monday, December 12, 2011

Claire Update & Supper Meal Plan

Just another Monday, only 2 more of these bad boys until 2012! How crazy is that.

Some of you have asked for a Claire update so here is the latest. Thanks for all of your kind words, I read her all of the comments and emails!
This past Friday, 2 weeks after her surgery, she regained all of her freedom. The last step was letting her have access to outside 24/7 via her dog door. And where is she right now? Back at the vet. She started acting sick on Saturday and we took her to the vet first thing this morning. Her Xray show something that looks like a stick or bone. She hasn't had access to any bones so we are guessing a stick. Sticks are her cigarettes and she usually eats several a day.
I have NO idea how we will keep her from eating sticks unless we only let her out on a leash. The vet thinks she can get away without surgery. I am praying that is the case because Claire may not make it through surgery. We slept 6 hours all weekend and I am really thinking twin babies would be easier right now.
There isn't much else to blog about. It is clean out the pantry and freezer before Christmas time around here so this is what we will be eating this week:
Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake - I add 2 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning and instead of the chilies I use a few jarred jalapenos and a little juice. If possible make this ahead in the morning, all of the spices can meld together and it will be so much more flavorful. Eric doesn't eat this so I have a lot of leftovers that are great for lunch or freezing.
Beef with Broccoli - I use Flank Steak. Listen to the girl when she says reduced sodium soy sauce. Ask me how I know.

Linguine with Shrimp - yummy and so easy!

Pioneer Woman Meatballs - I always start these the night before. That way I just have to pop them in the oven when I get home to finish cooking.

Apple Pie Cookies - I love Honey crisp apples and they taste so good in these cookies. I used prepared pie dough.

We have been on a big sweet potato fry kick lately. I just make thin fries out of sweet potatoes toss in olive oil and salt. Cook at 350* for about 10 minutes, flip and cook 10 more min. I like mine thin and crispy. I also made kale chips for the first time Saturday and they were pretty good. Tear off kale and toss with olive oil and a little salt. Bake 350* 10-15 minutes until the edges are brown. Watch carefully or they will burn.

What are you cooking up this week?

6 comments:

skye @ neathering our fest said...

Oh no! :( I guess she will just need 24/7 supervision or give her a small, fenced off part of the yard where she can be outside and you will just have to be on stick patrol. I really hop she doesn't have to have surgery again!

The cheesy chicken and rice looks really good - but it is from Pioneer woman so what else should I expect :)

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Oh Claire! Praying for a good result and no surgery. I can't trust ours to be outside unsupervised. Too many temptations for my little terriers. Please keep us posted.

Ben and Emily said...

Poor Claire. I hope it's a "easy" fix and that she starts feeling better soon.

Nikki said...

How do you know? ;)

My sweet potato fries always come out soggy, but I do love them.

Poor Claire. I've been using her accident as a lesson for my neighbors new puppy. They have to get used to picking up their toys. I told their youngest about the tampon and she said "mommy doesn't use tampons"

Kat said...

Poor Claire:( And poor V & E! Hope you guys can get back to normal soon.

I'm really strugglin' with meals lately. I just don't have any inspiration or desire to make anything. So thanks for the ideas. We've been making homemade fries. Mitch found a Youtube video--they're really good (yukon golds). Fry 'em in coconut oil and then bake 'em for like 15. I'm glad you tried the kale chips--we love them!

hartmom said...

Prayers and good thought for your sweet puppy Vanessa.

And what night should I be over for dinner? All of it sounds delish. I'm open most week nights ;)

Have a good one!

Karen

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011