Monday, November 7, 2011

Baja Pork Tacos

Last month during my trip to Memphis, I was introduced to one of my favorite new meals: Baja Pork Tacos. I would have probably never made this meal on my own, especially not the cilantro sauce. But trust me, you should make these tomorrow night (it is too late to marinade the pork today).


Baja Pork Tacos with Cilantro Cream Sauce
Serves 4

Cilantro Cream (a.k.a. Green Dip)
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 jar jalapenos
Put all in food processor, blend until smooth. Taste. Refrigerate.

Pork Ingredients
1-lb pork tenderloin
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, minced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
3 T. chopped fresh cilantro
2 T. fresh lime juice
1.5 T. tequila
1 T. fresh orange juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder

Mix all the ingredients (except the pork) in a small mixing bowl.




Cut your pork tenderloins diagonally into 1-inch slices. Put into gallon ziplock bag and pour the marinade in; let pork marinate, turning occasionally. I marinated the pork for 6 hours, but longer would be fine too.


Grill the pork then cut each 1" slice into super thin strips, like you are making Fajitas.


Spread some cilantro sauce onto a heated tortilla;


we added shredded cabbage instead of lettuce, cheese, pork tenderloin.




The sauce is a little spicy with the jalapenos, so you could adjust it accordingly. Enjoy!

3 comments:

alanna rose said...

Sounds good!
Adding it to the menu :)

Nikki said...

That sounds so good! Especially the cilantro sauce. I just made chili verde in the crock pot. It was okay but my husband has this issue with shredded meats. Drives me nuts!

Kat said...

Hmm...don't know how I feel about the cilantro part--either you love or hate that stuff and I'm not on the "lovin' it" side. But the tacos look AMAZING. And sound easy enough. Maybe I can substitute for parsley??

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011