Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekend Finds

Eric and I went to visit my sister and her husband this weekend to watch the game (war eagle anyway!) with them and to go junktique shopping.
Angie & I went to my favorite 3 story antique mall/flea market in her town and I somehow got talked into buying this rocking chair.




It was only $5 and in good shape. I have plans to reupholster in something like a drop cloth and then maybe do a slip cover that ties on. Something like this.
but not as fussy, I like the ties.


More like this but with more of the original chair showing through.


I like the tie on of the back of this chair but with the ties showing.

It is a smallish adult size rocker so I would really like to use it in a child's room. I don't want to redo it now then have to redo it again in a few years so I think it may make itself cozy in the attic in the mean time.

I also bought this mirror.

Do you see my little orange tree in the mirror? All of the oranges are turning orange, I can't wait to pick them!


It was only $19! A pretty good deal since I saw its smaller twin for $40. It weighs a million pounds so it is going in my bathroom, the only room in the house with drywall instead of plaster. My bathroom will hopefully get a makeover this winter.


p.s. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my new bedding. I laughed everytime someone wrote duvon't.
I had several requests for tutorials. I am no expert, so no one needs to learn to sew from me but these
videos should teach you everything you need to know to get started. I watched them before I made my piped pillows.
I did learn to make sure your pattern runs the same way on all of your pillows. I had my pillows with the paisley vertical and the other running horizontal. Since I was sewing a square, it wasn't a big deal I just flipped them around.
For those that wanted to know more about my duvon't, it is basically a big pillow. I did the envelope backing on it. I used an old blanket for the backing.

3 comments:

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Great finds! love that mirror

Nikki said...

$5 for a rocker! Steal!!! I like the ties too, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Kat said...

I'm sure you'll make that rocker super cute. And score on the mirror! Love the shape of it. You and your cute boots and dress...ooh--maybe you should do some more posts on your wardrobe;) Make any dresses lately?

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011