The photos are dark, but you get the idea...
The start of me sewing new pillows began a few weeks ago when I picked up this Thomas O'Brien quilt for $25 at Target. Even though it is king and I have a queen bed I knew I could make it work in my bedroom.
It wasn't as hard as I imagined. I just didn't realize I needed to move my needle over until I was finished, but you can't even notice on the front side of the pillow. I had originally planned on running the piping fabric on the bias but I didn't have enough fabric and didn't want to buy more. I think it worked out for the best because loose weave fabric on the bias moves a lot more than regular cut and with my first time making piping it could have ended in disaster.
I had grand plans for this little duvon't. I was going to do the border in bias cut stripes and it was going to look awesome. The only problem is I'm not smart enough or patient enough or enough of a perfectionist to carry out that plan. I did get my bias cut stripes, but the corners don't match up like my original plan. Oh well it looks good enough for me and I'm sure this time next year I will have a new duvon't. I just stuffed our old duvet into the duvon't, again I used an envelope backing. I am hoping to find a cheapie but really fluffy comforter to stuff in there so I don't have to keep fluffing the down duvon't.
Fabrics I used..
Euro Sham Fabric - Premier Prints: Henna Summerland/Natural