Monday, October 17, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

This past Saturday our tailgate group got together for the first time this football season to tailgate before the Auburn / Florida football game. (War Eagle!) I wanted to try a new recipe, and something with cheese. I turned to my friend pinterest to help me out.
I chose Jalapeno Popper dip and made a few tweeks of my own. Even though it required a whole cup of mayo (I'm not a fan of solo mayo) I decided to give it a try. Delicious once everything is mixed together you don't even taste the mayo. I left out the fresh jalapenos so it wasn't too hot, just right.


Ingredients:
2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese at room temp

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated fiesta blend cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 (7ish ounce) can sliced pickled jalapenos (the can I bought came with carrots & onions, I took those out and rechopped the peppers)
2 jalapeno peppers seeded & chopped (optional)
3 slices of bacon cooked & crumbled


Topping:
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan

Directions:
-Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, fiesta cheese, parmesan, bacon and jalapenos in a bowl. Pour into a baking dish.



-Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan and sprinkle over the dip.
- Bake at 375 until bubbly and golden. I left mine in for 15 minutes.

original recipe
here

ps - several months ago I won the Pampered Chef baking dish I made the dip in from Kat. This was the first time using it and I love it! If you are looking for a great non stick stoneware dish I would recommend this one. Also if you are ever wondering what to buy at those Pampered Chef parties you must buy this spatula. Best thing in my kitchen, it cuts brownies so well.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Yay! Glad you like the stone:) The dip looks amazing...I'll have to try it soon. It's the perfect weather for a hot dip.

Nikki said...

Any dip is a winner to me! That looks and sounds amazing. Glad you had a good time!

alanna rose said...

Dip looks good!
I had that spatula and loved it...and then it died a horrible,tragic death :(
I need to go to a PC party!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this

Red Gate Farm said...

If it's got bacon in it... you can't go wrong! Looks yummy and must be a perfect tailgating recipe!

~Chris

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This looks seriously yummy. Glad to hear your review because I feel the same way about mayo. One time, I made this super raved-about chicken artichoke dish that I found online. It was just like eating straight mayo. YUCK! Still gagging.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011