Thursday, October 27, 2011

Breezeway Curtains

Last year I won a $50 gift card from Warehouse Fabrics on their blog. I grew up going to Warehouse Fabrics, but back in the day it was just called "Betty's". Even though they have exploded in growth they are still the same great small town fabric store. I had my eye on 4 different fabrics that they didn't carry. I called and asked them if they would consider ordering a bolt of just 1 of the fabrics. They said sure and ordered all 4 of them!



So now I have the dilemma of which fabric to choose. I was planning on recovering my dining room chairs, but I decided to take advantage of the $50 of free fabric and make some curtains for my breezeway. I will have to add some money, but $50 is a great start!

Here are the "windows" that the panels will be going on. I did have burlap curtains when we first moved in but took those down a few months after they went up. I am ready for some more curtains to offer some privacy for the breezeway. It is hard to get a photo of the room since there are full windows on both sides. But you get the idea.


I have samples of three out of the four fabrics I am considering. The top one is very subtle. I am thinking I may want a little more contrast since the walls are almost the same color as the fabric background, but I do love it.


Besides the color I am trying to decide on the pattern. I love them both!


Here are the fabrics with pics from the website. Colors are very accurate.

Chipper Stone



Chipper Cloud



Togo Cloud - I don't have a sample of this one but it is very subtle




Do you have a favorite? Help a sister out, I only have a few days to decide!



Warehouse Fabrics Inc didn't sponsor this post.

20 comments:

Kat said...

Oh wow. That IS a tough one! Really you can't go wrong with either print. But I think I like Chipper Stone just a hair better. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Red Gate Farm said...

I like Chipper Cloud... although I'm usually loving the "contrast" I actually like the one that kind of blends in! Can't wait to see the end results :)

~Chris

Judy said...

Have you thought about using drop cloths for your drapes and either putting a 20" border of whichever fabric you choose at the bottom or maybe just a band of the print fabric around the edges of the drapes?

Just a thought...all of your choices are pretty, hard to decide which one!

Judy

Laura@happyroost said...

My vote goes for the "Chipper stone". I like the larger pattern and I agree with you about needed contrast. Hope this helps and good luck!

Caroline Hester said...

Chipper Cloud!

Nikki said...

#1 is the winner!

Accessorize and Organize said...

chipper cloud! I can't wait to see which one you pick!!

Ben and Emily said...

Tough! I like the chipper cloud!! I don't think you can go wrong though.

elizabeth said...

chipper stone! chipper stone!

Ashley Perrigin said...

chipper stone definitely

~The Moses Family said...

Chipper Stone get's my vote!

alanna rose said...

I like the top fabric...larger, darker print.
How fun...I really need to get to work on my window projects :)

dara said...

I like the Chipper pattern. I actually have it in the yellow and white. I would pick the chipper stone since the chipper cloud really does blend in with the walls.

Hannah Dixon said...

Chipper Stone--love the contrast of the scale & color!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love them all! I would probably choose Chipper Stone if there were a gun to my head, but I think all of them would be great.

rebekah said...

ah! i love both of these so much! i'm with liz on the chipper stone. that is one of my favorite patterns! and i would love the togo stone on a seat cushion.

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Oh I LOVE the Chipper Stone - it gives you some contrast while still acting like a neutral color. They are all fabulous choices, though! I can't wait to see how your curtains turn out!

Loribeth said...

Have to say, I like Clipper Cloud the best. I like the subtly of it.

hartmom said...

I like all of these fabrics...can picture any of them looking beautiful in your space. Can I just say that I love the idea of a store called "Betty's"...so cute. I think I should have been born in the south..so much sweetness. Also love that you already have a great curtain rod in place...fantastic. Can't wait to see what you picked!

Nikki said...

What's this about food poisoning? You must be really sick!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011