Monday, September 26, 2011

Interior Paint Color

I get a lot of emails and questions about my wall color. Up until a few weeks ago I didn't really know the color, but that mystery has been solved!
The previous owners chose the color so I can't take credit. It is a great color sort of a putty, grey, greenish color.

The most recent question about the wall color was in regards to my guest room.
It is hard to get a great photo of the color but this one is still pretty accurate. This photo was taken at lunch with a lot of sun streaming in the room.




This is our living room in the same color. The photos were taken around 5. The color is pretty accurate for the room when there isn't a lot of sunlight streaming in.




claire was begging for a treat


Here is a shot of the breezeway which is painted brick. Two of the walls in this little room are glass so it gets a ton of natural light. This is a very accurate shot of the paint color in here.


Now for the actual paint info...


When we first moved in we had to do some work in Eric's closet and couldn't find a paint can left by the previous owners for the wall color. We had the paint color matched and this is the formula. It is very close to the original paint.






Then fast forward two years to the back yard renovation. We had to empty everything out of the shed to move it and I found a never before seen paint can. I thought it could be the interior walls (hence the ?) but wasn't sure. A few weeks ago I finally got around to stirring around the three year old paint and it is the interior paint used throughout the house. I'm not sure if Beringer is still a current Ace True Value color but they may be able to use the code to get the information or still have the info in their system.







Hopefully that little bit of info will be helpful to those of you that are curious about the color of my walls. If you have any other questions let me know.

7 comments:

Kat said...

Loved the peek into your home! I'm dying for one of those cowhides for my living room. Love that look so much!

Comeca Jones said...

I love the cowhide as well looks great!

MJ said...

LOVE that color!! Thanks so much for sharing...I'm definitely adding it to my "favorite colors" list. :)

hartmom said...

Love the color of your walls and your house is so very cute! Glad to see you...I was getting worried about you since that Auburn loss. Glad to see you are ok ;)

Kim said...

Your home is so pretty! I am in a forever hunt for just the right color to repaint my walls. Haven't found it yet. BSD begged me to have the house painted while he is away this trip. I'll have to get on it. Will check out this color. Thanks for the tip!

Nikki said...

It is a lovely color. Some days I want to paint my entire interior white.

Red Gate Farm said...

Interesting how the color looks so different in various rooms and lighting! It certainly is a great all around color!

~Chris

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011