Monday, August 29, 2011

What I Spent Money On In August...

Oh besides a teeth cleaning for me, a dental & shots for Claire, 2 car tags, a $100 copay, Eric's hunting lease and then we have to feed the deer. Duh. Let's just say I will be glad to see August go, it is always our most expensive month.


Although we were living lean this month I was able to sneak in a few thrifty purchases.

I am going to the beach this weekend with some friends and needed to buy a new beach chair. We stopped in at Dick's sporting goods after church Sunday and picked up this awesome chair for only $14.99! They had already packed up the summer stuff but I asked and they still had some things they were willing to sell. This bad boy has carrying straps, a pillow, arm rests, and a pouch in the back where you can put a cooler or treats.



Get yo self one!

My dress was a weekend purchase. Friday after work I had a strong urge to go to Dillard's. I usually follow my gut when it comes to shopping since that is how I usually find the best deals at the thrift store. I am so glad I decided to go because all clearance was an additional 40% off! Only when I got home did I realize my $20 dress was actually a $100 dress. Great deal! It has a really cute waist that is screaming for a belt but we were running late for church so I couldn't decide which on a belt. Next time I'll add a belt.






I also bought this swim suit for my upcoming beach trip (did I mention I am going to the beach?). It is from my fav Lands End Canvas. I think it ended up being $13 since I had free shipping.


top bottom

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Great buys! I want that dress, and that bathing suit!

Please explain why we need to feed the deer? To bait them?

Deborah said...

cute dress but ahhhh pet peeve: waist, not waste. :)

The Wileys said...

You need to get commission from Lands End. For real.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011