Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Apple Crumble Pie



I've been cooking up a storm off of my pinterest pins. Some have turned out really tasty and others were not as much of a success. So needless to say I'll be posting a lot of recipes in the near future, I've got nothing else going on.

Sunday I made
Apple Crumble Pie. It was a total success and we have enjoyed it over the past few days. I like crumble topped pies better than crust topped, they just have so much more flavor especially when you add some vanilla ice cream on top and it melts all down the sides. yum!



What you need


Frozen pie crust
5 apples peeled and thinly sliced - I used Granny Smith

3/4 cup white sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs cornstarch
3 tbs all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Toss peeled and sliced apples with lemon juice.

Mix together white sugar, cornstarch, 3 tbs flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat.

Pour apple mixture into pie crust, spread evenly.

Use your hands to mix together 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar and the butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture.

Sprinkle over apples.

Bake until apples are tender and topping is golden brown, about an hour.

4 comments:

MJ said...

YUM! I hate to admit this, but I've never made an apple pie. I've made apple tarts, apple bars, and apple cakes...but never an apple pie! This will be the first one that I make. :)

What type of apples did you use??

Nikki said...

That looks AMAZING! Totally a breakfast food right?

I need to get to getting on all these pins. If I start though my house is going to be DIY central and I'll be 300lbs

Kat said...

Crumb topped pies ARE the best! Yours looks delish:)

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

this looks yummy! I must try it.
I bet it would be good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011