Monday, July 11, 2011

New York Vacay

Yesterday Eric and I rolled back into Auburn from our awesome vacation to New York City! We rank everything by percents and Eric was exicted 0% to go on the trip, and we both had a 100% great time!

We got to NYC on Wednesday afternoon. On the plane I had a little freak out when I realized my camera battery wasn't in my camera. I thought I had left it all the way in Auburn but thankfully it was still in the charger in my suitcase! Now we could enjoy our vacation.
Our hotel was right off of Times Square so we started there.


We walked around Times Square and finally found Shake Shack. The line was wrapped out the door but we waited and it was worth it. The best burger ever is from Shake Shack we tried to eat there 2 other times but both times the line was wrapped around the block. After lupper (lunch + supper)we walked over to Rockefeller Center and down or up (?) 5th Ave.













We were tired from traveling so we didn't do much Wednesday night. But I did make sure to enjoy a piece of cheesecake in Times Square.








Thursday we decide to walk the 10 or so blocks up to Central Park. When we were about 8 blocks in I realized that I left my camera battery in the room. After a quick trip back to the hotel via the subway (not our feet) we finally ended up at Central Park.
















I finally got my hot dog from a street vendor! I had really high hopes but was a little disappointed.






Since we were in the area we had to stop at FAO Schwartz and visit the Lego statues




and Big piano






Next stop Dylan's Candy Bar. Not really anything special like I thought it would be just lots of good candy. Well I guess candy is always special.



I loved all the window displays around the city. Some creative stuff. This one at Dylan's Candy Bar was great. It was advertising for The Closer and the whole window was made of candy. Her dress is made from twizzlers!




We hoofed it back over to the Rockefeller Center to go to Top Of The Rock. I wanted to see the city at night but I am glad we went during the day for the first time since we had a better idea what we were looking at.






Eric took about 67 pictures of me from behind. I actually like this one since I was totally mesmerized by the buildings. I could sit all day and think about buildings, actually I guess I do.




For supper we ate at Serendipity 3. It was very delicious and a neat place to eat. I just wish our reservation was earlier so we could have gone to another Broadway show.





Yummy! Frozen Hot Chocolate
After supper we took the subway to Macy's on 34th. It was huge, a little too huge for me so we left!





We decided to walk home and take a different road than we had before. We walked by Bryant Park which was so nice and well lit. Oh how I love to sit outside at night.







Andddd this looks like a good stopping point. I was going to try and post the trip all in one post, but I have too many pictures to share so this may be a 3 parter.


Sorry if you don't care about NYC come back at the end of the week, I still have to clean out my laptop so I smell another Pinterest post coming up.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you guys had a great trip!! Can't wait to see more pictures. :)

Kat said...

Looks like fun! I'll have to live vicariously through you though since crowds aren't my thang. You look scute in your dresses:)

Nikki said...

So much fun! Love the one of you guys sipping your frozen hot chocolate. It made me sad we didn't get to this Spring.

rindercella @ neatheringourfest said...

I love NYC and really want to go back (it would be my third visit too!) My husband is like yours - he would be 0% interested in going but once I got him there I think he would love it! What Broadway shows did you see?

Pine Tree Home said...

We don't live far from NYC and every time I go it's always fun. How hot was it though? The heat in the city is no fun.

JCHokie said...

Love your pictures, looks like a great time! I'm going over labor day weekend to visit my sister and I can't wait!

hartmom said...

Looks like a fabulous trip Vanessa! I love NYC and I'm loving your pictures. So glad you guys had a great trip. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3 :)

Kayla said...

Just recently found your blog and have become addicted to Pinterest as a result! I too loved Top of the Rock; it came recommended over the Empire State Building (which I have been up before). My kids loved it too. It was one of the highlights of our trip there.

Red Gate Farm said...

It looks like a fabulous vacation! I'd love to travel more and see other places in our wonderful US of A.... however my husband is a homebody and doesn't like to travel much. At least I can see New York through your trip! (Not to sound weird or anything!!)

~Chris

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

looks like you had a nice trip! love the photos

Ben and Emily said...

So glad you enjoyed yourselves and NYC! I'm also glad y'all went to Serendipity 3 and tried the frozen hot chocolate! Worth the wait.

Your pictures are amazing...thanks for sharing.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011