Friday, July 8, 2011

Friendship Braclets 2.0

Was this picture was taken in 1998 or 2011?! If you guess 2011 you were right!!!!! did the watch give it away?



With all of the cute bracelets gracing everyone's arms I've been feeling crafty and making my own, which I am sure I was doing during the summer of 1998.



I used this tutorial found on pinterest (of course) to make the teal with gold beads. I didn't have a clip board to hold my strands so mine is a little wonky. Hopefully the next one will look better. I think I spent less than $3 on it.

via


If you don't want to make your own this etsy shop has some great braclets.


Back in the day I was pretty good at making friendship braclets. I still have all my embrodery floss, except now it is used for smocking. I've had fun playing with colors and I've even got a pinterest board dedicated to pretty colors for thread choice inspiration. One day I am going to splurge a whole $2 on some metalic thread.





This bracelet is next on my list





One way I've been keeping them clasped is with a simple S hook found near the picture hanging or chain section of the hardware store. This way they are easily removable since you don't have to knot them on your wrist.






So are you still laughing and making fun of me like Eric is? Well laugh on, the nurse that took my blood this week asked me to make her one.

4 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

Such fun memories. Mine were on my wrist so long they got rank back in the day. The ones with the beads are way too cute.

Bradley Robertson said...

LOVE it!! Funtimes!

Nikki said...

One of my favorite past times. Yours turned out awesome! I'll have to give it a try.

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

I LOVE these! We are getting ready to leave for student camp next week (my hubs is a youth pastor) and this would be so fun to do with the 7th-12th grade girls! Thanks for reminding me of one of my fave hobbies. :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011