Friday, June 3, 2011

Another Trip Around The Sun

Yesterday was my birthday. 29. I've never been a big birthday person. When I was younger our school state test scores always came in the mail on my birthday and it always put me in a bad mood, even thought they were good. And I've never been a fan of aging, living yes, but aging no.

Even though I aged yesterday it was still a great day. I had lunch with friends and made a birthday "cake". My Nana always made lemonade pie for my birthday and that is what I wanted.




Just mix and pour into a graham cracker pie shell and refrigerate/freeze.



But did you know that frozen pies aren't a good idea when it is 99 degrees outside? So by the time I got to the restaurant and we ate the pie it was total liquid. Still good.

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon pool side along with my 30 bug bites. We have been having record temps and yesterday it was 99. On June 2nd, long summer ahead. The pool water was borderline bathtub water temp, but that is just the way I like it.


I did get something I've been wanting for a long time. I am a big smoothie drinker and have had my eye on the Ninja blender. And I got one! It is so awesome and my smoothie was amazing this morning. Can't wait to try it out with so many other recipes and it really does make snow cone ice.
I also got this cute green grill (Target), my fav color. We use the little grill when it is just the 2 of us and our other one was on its death bed.


That is about all I have to say about my 29th bday. I will leave out the fact that after our b'day meal I was depressed about a teenager calling me a "lady" at the pool and all goals I didn't achieve during year 28 and then I got sad about the tornado victims and volunteers out in the oppressing heat. But instead focus on the fact that I am alive at 29 and look like a lady not a man and that God is bigger than the tornadoes and the heat. Oh and next year I am having a big party for my 30!




Have a great weekend, I will be spending lots of time at the pool, after we check some of the non fun stuff off the list.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Lol...the part about you looking like a lady and not a man had me cracking up! I'm glad you had a great birthday and I LOVE the grill..too cute!

Kat said...

Aww...happy birthday, Vanessa! That grill is so stinkin' cute! Stay cool this weekend (i'm jealous that you get to swim)

rindercella @ neatheringourfest said...

happy belated birthday vanessa! :) you look great for 29, regardless of what any deluded teenager says. just remember that one day they will be in your shoes thinking about how 29 feels old.

don't think about the fact that when that day comes we will be 39. eek.

anyways - hope you have a great weekend! :)

Red Gate Farm said...

First, happy birthday a day late! I hope you "got out of" your funk yesterday... 29 is fantastic! You should be proud of all you've accomplished in JUST 29 years! And you got to go to the pool on your birthday, yeah! And at least that "kid" didn't "ma'am" you ;)

I know what you mean about birthdays not being a big deal... mine is in July so we never did much when I was growing up. I don't think I ever had a birthday party (not to whine or anything). Now, as an adult, I take the WHOLE week off from work for my birthday!

~Chris

PS green is my favorite color, so I love that cute little barbeque too!

Comeca Jones said...

I love that cute green grill and I am so trying that pie!

hartmom said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa! Sounds like you had a nice day! Yowser it's hot in the south...hope you have a good a/c. Love your birthday gifts and btw you do NOT look old enough to be called 'lady'. Enjoy your birthday week..stretch it out!

alanna rose said...

Happy Brithday! I want your blender!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! Do you put whole fruit in your blender? I love to make green smoothies, but I don't have a blender strong enough to put in anything like whole apples.

classic • casual • home said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...you beautiful young woman! Wow...you got some fun presents. I want that smoothie maker

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it. Some days I actually have to work, sheesh. Looks like you had an awesome 29th.

Very much a lady and way better than Ma'am ;)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011