Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recipe Repost: CCBB

I am making this Banana Bread today and think that all 8 people that read this blog should too! So here is a recipe repost from last summer. Enjoy!


p.s. For some reason summer is the only time I make banana bread. Sort of like the only time I make fudge is Christmas. Why is that? It must change.


*************************

CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD




Once my bananas start to get their first spot, they are too old for me. And once they get to this stage they are useless in my book. Unless I make banana bread!



I've held onto this recipe for years so I'm not sure where it came from. This recipe is dairy FREE!! - perfect for Eric.

Ingredients
2 c. overripe bananas, mashed - about 4 bananas
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips or nuts





Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon. Add beaten eggs and mix them in.

Add vanilla, baking soda, and salt.

Add mashed bananas and flour and mix everything well. There may be a few lumps of banana if you don't like that then use a mixer. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Start checking around 60 minutes for doneness. (the inside of my bread would never cook and the edges were pretty brown so I turned my oven down to 325 after about 70 minutes to cook the inside.)


Even without milk or buttermilk this bread turned out super moist. And I don't like the texture change of nuts in so I used chocolate chips, much better.




my breakfast!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Man, I don't think I could just have one slice for breakfast! I'm making strawberry/rhubarb crisp for dessert tonight. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

hartmom said...

So funny Vanessa, as I pulled up your blog I was just eating my last slice of chocolate chip banana bread! Great minds and all that :) And I'm the same about fudge...only at Christmas. I say we make some summer fudge...excellent idea!

Nikki said...

My husband doesn't allow banana bread to be made without chocolate chips. And you just reminded me I need to make some with my ugly bananas!

Rachel said...

Yummm...that looks so good!!!

Anonymous said...

So I read your blog at work and have it saved under my favorites. Here I am at home trying to get the recipe and realize I don't have your link saved on my home computer. I had a time trying to find you on google but thankfully I did!! :-) Love your blog!!!! Kristin from NC

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011