Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This past weekend Eric and I drove to Texas to visit his family. It only takes 13 hours in the car so why not zip on over for a long weekend?

We did pretty much nothing the whole time except lay out and watch Claire swim.

The water was still too cold for me so I worked on my tan. Claire had so much fun. She jumped in the pool so many times her paws are raw. I think the inlaws got their money out of the pool just from her visit.



It was nice to get away but odd at the same time. The tornados were all over the news in Texas and national news so we could still see what was going on, but I wanted to be at home. I tried to stay entertained with the royal wedding but it was just one more thing to keep up with.


Then when it came on that Obama was making a speech but no details on the speech I was really nervous. It just freaked me out then with Bin Laden getting killed well now I am really freaked out. Then last night when we got back home I found out my uncle is in really bad condition in the hospital and it is a waiting game for him. So please say a prayer for him and my family. Sorry for all the negative my heart is just so heavy right now. I think I need a margarita, is it Cinco de Mayo yet?



Thank you to everyone that has contacted me about the devistation in Alabama. Your concerns were much appreciated. If you are local we are having a donation drive this week for Marion County, my home county. Contact me and I can get you a list of the items we are collecting. If you aren't local and want to help gift cards to Walmart & Dollar General are greatly appreicated. Contact me for a mailing address. If you want to adopt a person or a family I can give you that info as well.



An artist in Florence, AL has designed some pretty awesome shirts to sell with 100% of the profit going to the tornado relief efforts. Her goal was to raise $1,000 in 24 hours, she exceeded that goal and is still going strong. I think these shirts are adorable. Can you guess which one I am buying?!




You know everyone loves a little Sweet Home Alabama even if you don't live here. Which one are you buying?

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear all of this. Prayers for your uncle. I understand the "when it rains it pours" feeling. Hoping some sunshine is headed your way soon!

Nikki said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry you have so much on your plate. I'm glad you got away for a bit. Even if doesn't feel like it did you good, I bet it did.

Claire is adorable. I have a swimmer too and always wish we knew someone with a pool!

I love those shirts. I might have to get one for my Husband and for a good cause. I'd go for the orange!

A. ~ positively prettyful said...

Stumbled onto your blog while looking for Ikea DIYs of all things! Adding it to my Google Reader now.

Prayers for your uncle. And just wanted to say, your dog is adorable! Mine is actually afraid of water :D

Rachel said...

Glad you guys were able to get away a little bit. Praying for your uncle!!

Love those shirts...how 'bout they played 'Sweet Home Alabama' while we were in Mexico! lol

I meant to save my copy of USA today that we got while we were gone..the front page had a picture of Bin Laden and under it was a picture of Phil Campbell! Never thought I'd see that on the cover.

Jo said...

I can't believe u came again and I never saw you!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011