Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recipe From The Lunchroom

If you have already read this post please ignore. Blogger must have thought the PB bars looked so good that it ate the post. I loved all the comments with everyone's fav lunchroom treat, blogger must have loved them too because it ate the comemnts.


Growing up my favorite lunchroom food of all time was the homemade Reese Cups our lunchroom ladies made. I would eat all of mine plus my friends' homemade cups every time they were served. My mom is a teacher and after I graduated from high school she would bring home my favorite lunchroom food for me.

So when Southern Plate posted her recipe for
No Bake Cafeteria Peanut Butter Bars excited was an understatement for how I felt, I made them that day.



They were extremely delicious and even more so with a big glass of milk. But they weren't my lunchroom Reese Cups. I think ours were made with chocolate pudding on top or something like that? Does anyone know?!

In other food news...
I've professed my love a few times for gas station food. I get it honest because I grew up right down the street from the greatest of gas stations ever to serve food: Crossroads. You haven't lived until you have had a JoJo (potato wedge).

I've also professed my love for the last page of magazines. I was so happy to read the last page of May's Southern Living and the Southern Journal was all about gas station food.
Rick even mentioned JoJos from Winfield, AL!!! My hometown, the home of Mule Day and the best gas station food!!

May was a good magazine month.

13 comments:

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Yummy! those peanut butter bars look so good.

Kat said...

Those pb bars would be dangerous here. Mitch would love them but I'm afraid I'd love them more.

Yay for the hometown shout-out!

Rachel said...

May was a good month for magazines!!

You need to share the recipe for the peanut butter bars. My kids would love them.

Rachel said...

Duh...just saw the link to Southern Plate...sorry! ;)

Nikki said...

Now I'm just plain hungry for jojo's and peanut butter cups.

We had a place called "hop in", it's still there, and they had the best corn dogs.

Trista said...

Loved both the PB bars and the JoJos. But you forgot one other staple from home, a Strawberry Mountain Dew from Cardinals.

Anonymous said...

I always loved the peanut butter and honey sandwiches that were served on chili days at Auburn City Schools. All these years later, and I still can't figure out what made them taste so good!

Ben and Emily said...

Yum! Those PB look dangerous! :)

Jessica Brown said...

We love no bake peanut butter bars but we make them in a muffin tin so they have that nice round Reeses shape.

The Blockers said...

I can't count how many times we stopped to get fried chicken and jojo potatoes on Sunday after church! Oh the memories!! They are yummy!!

alanna rose said...

Those bars are a great idea...the 3 year old is helping me make them right now :)

alanna rose said...

I made these last week and ate way too many! I'm sharing this with my friends :)

Anonymous said...

Too bad the lunchroom can no longer serve "good" food like that! Schools are being blamed for making kids fat and Michelle Obama isn't helping out any!!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011