Monday, April 18, 2011

Exciting News!

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted this picture? Well I was excited, but also afraid I would jinx everything so I didn't say that it was for Better Homes & Gardens! Better Homes & Gardens people! You can find the little write about my dining room table up on the back page of the May 2011 issue!! Better Homes & Gardens is my favorite magazine and I ALWAYS read the back page of magazines and books first. I promise. So to be on a back page of a magazine was a bigger deal to me than being on four pages in the middle. Ok maybe not, I would take four pages...but pretty close. Yep I am pretty excited!



I was going to wait until my copy came in the mail, but several people called and said they had found it in the stores so Eric & I made a trip at 10 on Saturday night to buy a copy. Pretty exciting stuff to see your house staring back at you! My table has never looked so good!



ps. One of my favorite designers Sherry Hart is featured in the same issue!! She is the reason this all happened so that is pretty cool to me. If you don't follow her blog, start. She is hilarious!



pps or is it pss? Thank you Lisa!

28 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

So cool. I just read the issue and said to self...looks familiar, name sounds familiar, but couldn't place it. Congrats!

Caroline Hester said...

Very cool, Vanessa! Your house looks amazing!

Trista said...

How cool is that?!?!?!

Congratulations!!

Red Gate Farm said...

Oh wow! That is sooo cool! I subscribe to BHG so I can't wait to see it in "person".

~Chris

Kat said...

So so soo excited for you! Can't wait to see it for myself!

Rachel said...

Yay! So excited for you...it looks great. :o)

SHERRY HART said...

How excited were you!!! I was talking to Lisa about it today...! I am so glad they ran it with mine :)

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

Congrats. I saw that picture and thought it looked familiar. How exciting for you.

designchic said...

How exciting, and your dining room is wonderful!! Congrats ~

Tammy@InStitches said...

Congratulations, that is very cool ! Love your dining room.

Natalie said...

Go you! that is so exciting!!!!

Ben and Emily said...

How awesome is this!! So excited for you! I'll have to pick up a copy the next time I'm out!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Congrats!! How exciting for you.
I'll pick up a copy tomorrow.
xo,
Sherry

My Interior Life said...

Congratulations! What an honor! I just found you through the wonderful Sherry. Love your blog!

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

How awesome! congrats! I'll have to pick up a copy

rindercella @ neatheringourfest said...

that is so awesome! congrats vanessa!! :)war eagle! (you know - just because! lol)

paula said...

WHAT! I am so excited for you! Can't wait for it to come in the mail. May just have to go out and buy it.

Bethany Paige said...

V!!! its awesome! awww... so proud. my heart is proud. :)

Nikki said...

So awesome! I've had my eye out. I just got my issue yesterday but haven't flipped through. Can't wait to read it!

Julie said...

so proud of YOU! can't wait to get the issue. Don't you just love Sherry?

The Vintique Object said...

Congratulations! Over from Sherry's blog and can't wait to see both of you in the magazine. I really want that dining room table too. I'm hoping you have a tutorial! Off to search for it now...

Camille

AntiqueChase said...

My issue isn't here yet.. congrats!

The Zhush said...

WOW! You made that? SO great! I always read the back first too, so Congrats on scoring that spot as well!

Jenny @ Faith and Pearl said...

Congratulations! That is too cool. So glad I found your lovely blog and am now following. Great job on the table!!

xoxo
jenny

Pudel-design said...

Oh wow, that is great, congrats;)
So cool!
I`m your latest follower;)

Please come and visit my blog too, stay a while and maybe follow back;)
http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

Lovely greetings from Germany...

Emily A. Clark said...

Congrats! I found you through Sherry's blog.

And, btw, I always read the "I Did It!" page--sometimes first :)

MJ said...

Love it! I just found your blog yesterday (I think from Remodelaholic) and actually read BH&G a week or two ago! I loved your table idea then and love it even more now that I see it in your space. Congratulations on a big accomplishment! :)

Brandi said...

I know this an older post, but I still wanted to congratulate you. That is so exciting to be featured in a magazine.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011