Friday, January 14, 2011

Toomer's Celebration

Besides Tiger Walk another tradition Auburn has is rolling Toomer's Corner after a win. The city even has a line item in their budget for toilet paper clean up.
During the celebration after the game they put a picture of Toomer's up on the big screen. Everyone went crazy and was wishing they were in Auburn at Toomer's. My sister and BIL stayed at our house Monday night so they could go roll Toomer's. She said it was so crazy and there are estimates of 30,000 people being there.




The win didn't feel real until we rolled back into Auburn Tuesday on a bus with big National Champion logos on it. A lot of the billboards already had National Champion messages, it was fun to see. We drove up and saw that my sister had rolled our house, sort of. It is staying at least until the celebration on the 22nd.



It was about 35 degrees and super windy but we grabbed Claire and went to roll that tree.


I found this picture online. It was the next day after all the crazy wind there was still this much toilet paper! It was as beautiful as a rolled tree can be.


There was even a story on the news about the shortage of toilet paper in town. I drove by last night and it still looked like the day after.


Like I mentioned our hotel was the same hotel the players stayed at.
Eric's parents gave me a new zoom lens for my camera for Christmas. I love it so much! I was outside our room practicing so I would know how it works before the game when Cam just happened to be walking across the balcony on the other side of the courtyard. He saw me (how embarrassing) and smiled. I didn't get the smile, just the after smile. haha.


I had to get some other pictures for my "nephews"

Travis Williams he is now a grad assistant for the team but played at AU when I was in school. He is also a rapper "T-Will" and his song Tiger Walk was played before the games.


T'Sharvan Bell should be nominated for Best Smile 2011.

Byron Isom is a huge person. His heart was beating so loud.


The game had its shared of notables in attendance.

Robert Gibbs the White House Press Secretary is from Auburn. He kept staring at me, I guess he liked my shirt. haha



I think that Charles Barkley is following me.


Yes! Carlos Rogers still one of my fav AU players.


Oh snap! The original #23 Ronnie Brown on the left. He said he liked my shirt! I told him he was the original #23 for me. haha.
And Cadillac Williams. He bought me a smoothie in the Haley Center in college. I was so excited to see them as they were the team when I was in college and the 2004 team that got screwed out of the National Championship game. Jason Campbell and Karlos Dansby from my college days were also there.

These next two notables are a little hard for me to talk about.
DeMarcus Ware is my favorite NFL player. My Texas inlaws gave me his jersey for Christmas and I had my picture taken by his locker last November. Well we saw a very attractive man at the concession stand and he was talking to another huge dude that had to have been a pro player and we were like who is he. Then attractive man went and talked to Robert Gibbs who was sitting behind us and as he was leaving we were walking down the steps to our seats. RG and his friend were going crazy over meeting him and I was going crazy trying to figure out who he was because I knew who he was but couldn't place it. He was also the most attractive human I have ever seen. Besides Eric of course but even Eric agreed. Well when we got back into Auburn it hit me....it was DeMarcus Ware! :(


I guess I didn't recognize him because I never see him out of uniform or with his helmet off. He is from Auburn and his mom is my friends next door neighbor so maybe he will be visiting next time we have supper club at MK's house...


This one is also awesome. We are huge Modern Family fans and my favorite character is Phil Dunphy aka Ty Burrell. He was there too!


Wow I fit all that into 3 days worth of posts! Next week back to non Auburn postings for all you non Auburn Fans.

But first I have to say

Dear Cam, I will miss you next season. Even though we knew this was coming it is still sad. Every Auburn girl will miss your kisses after the game and every fan will miss you running in the stands. I don't blame you for going into the NFL draft and I hope you make tons of money and buy a house in Auburn and let me be your interior designer. I've already been thinking of what your house should look like. I also hope you get a ton of endorsement deals so we can see your pretty mug all the time. And please go to the Cowboys!! You look too good in blue to give it up.

5 comments:

Kat said...

I'm enjoying these posts about your Tigers. I'd like to meet just one of those famous people!

Rachel said...

I've loved your recap of your trip! I'm so glad you guys had a good trip.

Random...but did you guys paint your trim on your house? haha. It looks 'creamier'. I like it...and I'm still loving your tiled porch!

Nikki said...

You saw Phil! That is awesome. The rest of the names are a little Greek for me, but the toilet paper tree is actually quite beautiful.

Jen said...

What a fun time!! And all that toilet paper... HOLY COW!!!

Happy Monday Darling! xo

Bek* said...

ok, v, you are hilarious

1. i can not believe you took a stalker picture of cam on his balcony...but i really can.

2. robert gibbs look like chester molester in that picture.

3. ya'll apparently had the best seats ever. jealous

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011