Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Moo rug

I really shouldn't even be posting this because my photos are so BAD. I dropped my battery charger for my camera in water and it died. I did revive it for one more charge by leaving it in a bowl of rice overnight, but after that charge it was a goner. So until a new one comes in I can't use my nicer camera and my little camera doesn't like to work without the flash so this is what I've got. Plus my floors weren't clean and my sofa needs to be conditioned, but whatevs.

Like I had mentioned last weekend when we were in Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game we made quick stop at IKEA. And I mean quick, we ran through that place. It didn't help that everyone that saw us told us we better hurry so we can make it back downtown for the game. The reason we went:

I have been wanting a cowhide rug for a few months now. I'm not really a rustic western type of girl but I love the contrast the rug brings into the room, and I have a thing for cows. It is an odd room with all the walking paths that needed to stay so I didn't want a normal size rug, something more abstract. So I went with cowhide.
I never knew there were so many types of cow. I didn't want black, I didn't want a solid, I wanted white but not too much, dark brown but not too dark and not all red toned. So I think I found the perfect cow. All of my qualifications. And how did I know this was the one for sure with all the choices....
It is branded with a 25 which is the date of our wedding anniversary!!

For now I am loving the rug but I may look for another rug to layer underneath. Or I could just have my floors refinished, I'll be taking donations for that as well.
Again sorry about the pics, I am sure your eyes are hurting right about now!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE the rug! It looks great!

Kat said...

And you got that at Ikea?

Nikki said...

I looked at that the other day! Is it real? I have a sheepskin one from ikea and although I eat a ton of meat I have some guilt...

vanessa said...

Yes it is real, but don't worry they used the skins from that cow you ate last week to make the rug! haha

Hallie said...

those soaps are so cute but they did not have them at our target... so disappointing! LOVE the cowhide rug!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011