Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bathroom Sink

I was going to do the bathroom floor today but realized I don't even have a picture of the floor. Sooo today is the vanity and paint in the bathroom. Scroll on down for other bathroom posts.



When we moved in the sink was just a regular pedestal sink with a rounded bowl. Nothing was wrong with it, but it wasn't the shape I was wanting.

I did want to go back with a pedestal sink, but this time a square on like we had in our old house.


And Eric wanted to go with this vanity


Neither one of us wanted the same sink, but it worked out just fine because neither one of the sink choices would have fit in the narrow space. We compromised and went with this, it is sort of half vanity/half pedestal sink from Lowes.


I never have really been a fan of these types of vanities, but I am sold now that I see how well it has functioned for us. I still have to paint it to match the trim, I'll add it to my winter project list.

Our faucet is by Price Pfister. It is the
Ashfield and I bought it from The Faucet Discounters on ebay. I think I paid around $40 and it retails for $250! I decided to go with chrome in the bathroom. It was more fitting with my tile in the bathroom and the vintage feel I was going for.


ON THE WALLS...



The beadboard was already installed when we purchased the house -perfect we love beadboard. I was wanting to go with a grayish or white on white paint in the bathroom. The grey won, although I do think about painting over the grey with white. I chose Sherwin Williams Mega Greige (SW7031) as my main paint for the walls. It is a gray but with a brown undertone. Love it.

The beadborad and trim color is Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois (969). I wanted a trim color that I could use in the bathroom as well as in the kitchen for my trim and kitchen cabinets. Not too white and not too yellow, so Soft Chamois was perfect. Before it dried it looked really yellow, so don't panic it will dry fine.


I don't remember on the light (sorry) and the mirror is from Lowes. There is a HUGE hole behind the mirror and since it is plaster we can't repair it, so I had to find a mirror large enough to cover the hole.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the sink! Nate's bathroom is tiny, but I need something with storage...this is perfect!

Nikki said...

I love the look! We have similar vanities from Home Depot. The bowed sink is my favorite. But it probably won't be forever.

Ben and Emily said...

The sink looks great! Thanks for the name of the faucet people on e-bay!

Love your subway tile in the shower too!

Y'all are doing a great job!

Pine Tree Home said...

Did the vanity come in white or did you paint it? I totally need that for my space.

Mrs. D said...

I love your sink, and the rest of your bathroom too!

Almas jain said...

Wow Amazine !!!!! If you are a designer/ Architect please join GROHE Designer Alliance and share your work/ ideas/ views/ news about the latest design trends and get a global showcase for your best work.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011