Thursday, October 28, 2010

eat

With the last project checked off the kitchen to do list I feel like I can add some fun touches to the kitchen. I have been wanting some "EAT" letters to go on our backsplash to add a little interest. I had originally wanted some fun vintage letters (there are tons on etsy) but didn't really want to shell out the money for something I may change my mind on.

So with a trip to Hobby Lobby I picked up my own letters. They are just the chipboard letters and I decided not to decorate them with scrapbook paper, just left them raw. I did put on a few coats of Modge Podge so if they did get wet it wouldn't make water spots.


Oh and I attached them to the wall with Command Strips. I didn't use the velcro ones, just the ones that are suppose to go with a picture hanger minus the picture hanger.


Never fear if chipboard isn't really your style there are still lots of cute options on etsy










old new again



I also love the letters in Jules' kitchen from Cougar Town. Love the whole house & Ellie's house too.

photo from entertainment weekly


Now I'm hungry...

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute! I'm in love with all things Cougar Town. Did you watch the Halloween show last night? I thought about you and your halloween tv show post. :o)

Nikki said...

Very cute! I have a metal vino sign I've been thinking of painting but just haven't gotten to it.

Love the beadboard behind your cabinets!

carlotta said...

I *love* it! You did a great job. And I adore the first blue eat sign...swoon. So pretty.

Red Gate Farm said...

Love the sign. I've already had to "hop over" to etsy and check them out. Your kitchen looks fantastic and the sign really helps finish it off.
Chris

Marie said...

your kitchen is FANTASTIC! when my kitchen grows up i want to be just like yours. lol

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011