Monday, September 13, 2010

Over the weekend...

we went home to celebrate Bear Bear's (as he requests to be called) 3rd birthday

It was cowboy themed and Baron worked hard to grow out his moustache for the party
How cute is that cake?! The middle layer is cow print and the top layer is plaid. He was sad it said Baron instead of Bear Bear.


There were horse rides and Baron and Brooks both loved to ride the biggest horse




I think this was my first time to ride a horse. If not it was the first I remember.


After the party we went to my niece's house and played Play Doh and Barbies. Then we went to Car Lot BBQ for steak night, where else can you get a steak dinner for $6? I don't know.
Alabama played Penn State so of course we watched the game. There are a lot of Bammers in that neck of the woods and it is hard to get used to. The first time Brooks saw Joe Paterno he asked us "did y'all see that nerd coach" it was really funny but I guess he doesn't look like coaches now days.
Sunday we had a "mini Thanksgiving" at my parents' house. My cousins were in town from Colorado so we all got together. It was fun times had by all.
Baron is really into Toy Story so he said "To infimity and beyond" a million times and it was cute and funny every. single. time. He also kept saying "danger I'm strong" and singing Yellow Submarine by the Beetles.
All the cousins minus one got together for a family shot with my Nana then we were on our way back home.

I think it was one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. Claire slept for about 14 hours because she played so hard. It was a weekend you hate to see end but also feel like you did enough to be refreshed to start the work week. And that happens about once a year to never.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad you had a good weekend. I love weekends like that!

LOVE the cake!!!!!

The Cosby's said...

Misty told me she saw you at church. Glad you had a good weekend in the W. I love all the pictures of course especially your horse riding one!!!

bethanypaige2 said...

i was hoping to see some pics of the horses - good for you for riding one!
i didn't know when we planned on heading home we'd get to all get together - super bonus for us. wish we'd had more time with ya'll. soon again we hope!

Nikki said...

Fun weekend! Can't get enough of the little one with the mustache. My Nephew is obsessed with Toy Story too!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011