Friday, September 17, 2010

DIY Light Ideas

Today while I was checking out One Pretty Thing I saw this cool light makeover.





I have the same style light in my dining room. I really wanted the Pottery Barn bell jar light but I didn't want to spend much on a light fixture. I am sort of already wanting something different but the only way I am getting rid of the current fixture is if someone buys my old one. I do love it but so does dust and if there is ever a moth or anything in the house well guess where it goes and guess where it dies. I can't believe I haven't already broken the glass jar part by taking it down and washing it. I am sure that day will come.


I googled some more light makeovers and found some good ones











If you are in Auburn at Lifesavers Thrift Lowe's donated a bunch of the light parts of this light (don't know the name) and just get a bowl. So easy and cheap!







Forever Cottage: Basket Lights


**all photos are from the mentioned blog
My "lighting designer" is coming into town this weekend so hopefully we will figure out the placements of my kitchen lighting.
Plus as I type our porch is getting another part of its makeover. We have done 6 tile jobs ourselves in 5 years of marriage but we are actually paying someone to do our porch tile. I am so excited not to be scrubbing grout out of my fingernails. Can't wait to get home and see how it looks!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I like them all! Tough choice. I'm married to an electrician and our lights are always the last to be put up!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011