This has been my fall wreath since 2005. I made it during the Auburn/Georgia football game and have loved using it every year.
But it has seen better days. At the old house we had a glass storm door so the wreath was protected. But in this house there is no glass door and it rained SO MUCH last fall that the pumpkins started to mildew. That and the fact that last winter a chipmunk took up residence in my summer shoe storage in the attic and besides eating my leather shoes he also thought styrofoam pumpkins were quite the treat, the wreath looks pretty bad.
This year I wanted something simple and quick. So I bought 1 1/2 yards of burlap and a wire wreath form yesterday to make something new.
It was really simple. I just cut the fabric into 2" strips
Then knotted the fabric around the wreath form. I just used the long strips to knot then cut off of them to save a step.
Since my wreath had 4 rings I used the outside 2, then middle 2, then inside 2 to tie knots. So each row had 3 strips. It just made the wreath a lot fuller.